BRUGE OR BRUSSELS WITH NCL EXCURSION TRANSPORTATION

victory2020

The port of call link is not working for these ports. I am interested in just taking the excursion bus they have to either city but am undecided as to which one. All I really want to do is walk around on my own & stop at shops/restaurants/etc that interest me. Any recommendations as to which city would be best for that?

28 minutes ago, aggie311 said:

My friend moved to Belgium a couple of months ago and says she and her husband prefer Bruges over Brussels (esp for the stuff you plan to do). 

I had been considering a similar cruise several months ago.  I asked colleagues in our Brussels office and they all suggested Bruges.

I conquer with the others on this post. Brussels feels very big city. You can walk around the Grand Place, but aside from that I didn’t feel like there was much culture in Brussels. Bruges is quaint with pretty architecture, plenty of shops, and beautiful canals. I spend three days walking the old part of the city and still wanted to stay longer. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, victory2020 said:

The port of call link is not working for these ports. I am interested in just taking the excursion bus they have to either city but am undecided as to which one. All I really want to do is walk around on my own & stop at shops/restaurants/etc that interest me. Any recommendations as to which city would be best for that?

We have been to both several times. We would pick Bruge. Smaller. Quaint. Walkable.