Best swim with dolphin allure of the seas

13 minutes ago, marshamcmah said:

Whats the best swim with the dolphin encounter in cozumel or puerto costa maya?

The best we've ever done is the one that sounds very corny (something about bonding), had a bit of VR, and was done at Blu (part of Dolphinaris, in Cozumel). It was a 1-to-1 encounter that actually was pretty special. Afterwards, we had a delicious, served lunch and open bar that was all part of the excursion.

That said, it isn't the more typical, "ride the dolphin" sort of thing that you might be looking for.

You might want to look into Dolphinaris or Blu, regardless.

1 minute ago, DCPIV said:

That dolphin probably was a rescue.

Doubtful, but whatever. The wounds were fairly fresh. May have done same one you did. Lunch and drinks included. To left of pier and about halfway to town

Based on seeing them swim in pods and frolicking with ships, really can't believe they enjoy living in a tiny laggoon

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Doubtful, but whatever.

Based on seeing them swim in pods and frolicking with ships, really can't believe they enjoy living in a tiny laggoon

John knows Dolphins 🤣

I've learned too much about it to ever be able to support one of the "dolphin encounter" excursions.  Whether it's "ride a dolphin" or "get in the water and pet a dolphin" it's extremely exploitative and cruel to the dolphins.

• Like 5

Dolphin Discovery on Cozumel inside Chankanaab park has good options.  You can book this through the cruise but is cheaper direct - just take a taxi to the park.  Dolphin package includes park admission. Large open lagoon and good facilities.  Family has also gone to Dolphinaris and liked that as well.  Costa Maya are small enclosures in the port.  

I'm in the camp of never doing a dolphin experience, but if you also have a stop in Roatan (sometimes bundled with the other two), I've read good things about the Roatan Institute for Marine Sciences and their dolphin program.

7 hours ago, brillohead said:

I've learned too much about it to ever be able to support one of the "dolphin encounter" excursions.  Whether it's "ride a dolphin" or "get in the water and pet a dolphin" it's extremely exploitative and cruel to the dolphins.

It is cruelty to animals.   I can’t believe so many people want to support torturing these dolphins.  Wake up folks.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, topnole said:

It is cruelty to animals.   I can’t believe so many people want to support torturing these dolphins.  Wake up folks.  

Same with elephant rides in Thailand. 😪

I would like to go to a sanctuary someday. I understand there is one a few miles northwest of us

• Like 1