Pre Cruise Testing

Mayflower1

Ok, everyone has an opinion.

Anyway, about precruise testing in my world, Silversea has today once again notified us about the requirements for our 4 Aug., 2022 cruise from Civitavecchia. There is no doubt in my mind that a verified antigen test is required. The email says what is what. Nothing to do with CDC or anyone else.

We will be duly prepared for embarkation.

Happy and healthy sailing!

13 hours ago, markham said:

Ok, everyone has an opinion.

Anyway, about precruise testing in my world, Silversea has today once again notified us about the requirements for our 4 Aug., 2022 cruise from Civitavecchia. There is no doubt in my mind that a verified antigen test is required. The email says what is what. Nothing to do with CDC or anyone else.

We will be duly prepared for embarkation.

Happy and healthy sailing!

Though we will use the antigen tests we bring the day before boarding.  If negative will do the supervised test on the day of boarding. but if positive why spend an extra 50 euros more each.?

6 hours ago, drron29 said:

Though we will use the antigen tests we bring the day before boarding.  If negative will do the supervised test on the day of boarding. but if positive why spend an extra 50 euros more each.?

If you expect Silversea to compensate you for a denied cruise due to a positive pre-embarkation Covid test, I bet they will want an official, verified test rather than a “I told you so” test. 

The CDC has just issued new guidelines for the cruise industry.  They are strongly recommending pre-testing within one day of boarding.  Of course they cannot dictate requirements or recommendations outside of US but other countries may take their lead.  

https://www.travelpulse.com/news/cruise/cdc-releases-new-cruise-ship-covid-safety-recommendations.html?ubhide=true&utm_source=omeda_email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=eltr_Daily&oly_enc_id=1349H5843412D7V

Edited by Gourmet Gal

https://travelweekly.co.uk/news/tourism/royal-caribbean-group-to-drop-pre-cruise-testing

Royal Caribbean Group will drop pre-embarkation Covid-19 testing for vaccinated passengers on cruises of five days or less from August 8.

The company – which operates Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises and Silversea Cruises – made the announcement during its second quarterly results call on Thursday (July 28).

Speaking on the call, Jason Liberty, president and chief executive, said the firm’s brands would still test unvaccinated passengers and added that he expected to drop testing for vaccinated guests on longer cruises in the near future

• Like 1

Also, if you did not know, if you are a US Citizen you can get eight Covid tests for free.  Pls see site below:

https://www.covid.gov/tests

Unfortunately, these are not accepted (not proctored during your test) for travel, butmay be useful during future cruises if you are concerned about Covid.  For example,I used a Covid Test on the Silver Dawn in April when I had cold symptoms to make sure I did not have Covid.

Edited by WesW