Aurora

Bin man

Given the posts re Arcadia and the wait time for freedom dining, it would be interesting to hear how things are on Aurora.  Although as she's only sailing with 55% passengers it maybe difficult to draw any conclusions regarding future sailings which may (almost certainly?) be carrying more.  

I'm mindful of the P&O statement posted on another thread about general staffing and supply problems.  Seems as though Arcadia may be suffering from the former.   

• Like 1

Anyone on board or has contact with anyone currently sailing on Aurora?  Any feedback would be much appreciated.  Soon to sail so very interested.  

How did you come by the passenger numbers, Bin man?  Do you know if that is due to staffing levels or is it that they haven't sold as many cabins as they would have wanted?  

Edited by kruzseeka

44 minutes ago, Bin man said:

It was on the ytube Southampton vts on sailing day announced by vts and reported on the chat 

Thanks for getting back.  Am hoping we'll get some info soon.  Failing that I'll have to report back myself! 

• Like 1

So now for 'operational reasons' our first stop at Stavanger has had to be cancelled on the 24th sailing.  No substitute call just another 'relaxing' day at sea.  The itinerary has been switched around a bit too. 

I think people's confidence in getting what you book is wearing a bit thin.  What are the operational reasons?  Something understandable/unavoidable in which case why not explain that to us - or another instance of something which is shrouded in mystery and only to their benefit?  

Can't even claim on missed port insurance as that has to be after setting sail. 😕

Edited by kruzseeka
  • Like 2

Plenty of relaxing days at home (or in a hotel) - on a cruise I want to visit places! These cruises are turning into seacations! Getting worried about the next one in a couple of weeks as it is very expensive and booked it because there are some ports I have not visited, which is rare. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I’m wondering what the Caribbean season will like. Last winter they managed it with Queen Victoria as a ‘support ship’. I wonder what their plans are for this winter

There’s a couple of longer ones to Canada in a few weeks will be interesting to see what happens doesn’t sound too promising at the moment on Arcadia 

7 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I’m wondering what the Caribbean season will like. Last winter they managed it with Queen Victoria as a ‘support ship’. I wonder what their plans are for this winter

It really rather depends on what restrictions the Caribbean islands put in place. There are still one of two ships in the Corporation's fleet which could be used.

1 hour ago, Mollag said:

There’s a couple of longer ones to Canada in a few weeks will be interesting to see what happens doesn’t sound too promising at the moment on Arcadia 

Yes, being away from the U.K. for 3 weeks or more will be challenging 

Any ideas as to why a port has been dropped and no alternative scheduled molecrochip?  It's a late change but not exactly last minute so disappointing a different port wasn't substituted. 

Edited by kruzseeka

2 hours ago, molecrochip said:

@kruzseeka what were the other changes?

I'm not aware of the reason for Stavanger,

Thanks for getting back. 

See below original and revised schedules.  Stavanger dropped therefore an extra sea day - other ports the same but switched order in some cases. 

Date.         Location.       Arrive/Depart

24-Jul.      Southampton. 16:30

25-Jul.      At Sea

26-Jul.      Stavanger. 09:00 / 17:00

27-Jul.      Skjolden. 09:00 / 18:00

27-Jul.      Lustrafjorden

27-Jul.      Sognefjord

28-Jul.      Alesund. 08:00 / 18:00

29-Jul.      Trondheim. 08:00 / 18:00

30-Jul.      Andalsnes. 08:00 / 18:00

30-Jul.      Romsdalsfjord

31-Jul.      Olden. 08:00 / 18:00

31-Jul.      Innvikfjorden

31-Jul.      Nordfjord

01-Aug.    Haugesund. 09:00 / 18:00

02-Aug.     Eidfjord. 07:00 / 18:00

03-Aug.     At Sea

04-Aug.     At Sea

05-Aug.    Southampton06:30

The updated itinerary is below:
 Date             Location             Arrive/Depart                               

24-Jul             Southampton             16:30                               

25-Jul             At Sea                                            

26-Jul             At Sea                                            

27-Jul             Trondheim             09:00 / 18:00                               

28-Jul             Alesund             08:00 / 18:00                               

29-Jul             Andlsnes             08:00 / 18:00                               

29-Jul             Romsdalsfjord                                            

30-Jul             Olden             08:00 / 18:00                               

30-Jul             Innvikfjorden                                            

30-Jul             Nordfjord                                          

31-Jul             Skjolden             09:00 / 19:00                               

31-Jul             Lustrafjorden                                            

31-Jul             Sognefjord                                            

01-Aug             At Sea                                            

02-Aug             Eidfjord                                            

02-Aug             Hardangerfjord                                            

03-Aug             Haugesund             08:00 / 18:00                               

04-Aug             At Sea                                            

05-Aug             Southampton             06:30            

Interesting that the port times are included!