Toddler on Celebrity Beyond

bravesfan19

8 hours ago, Stricks08 said:

On the Edge class, they have two areas in the kids club - one is for babies/young toddlers that aren't potty trained that you can come and play in with your child. They have books/slides/toys/etc there, it is a pretty nice play space. The other area is for the 3 and up where you are able to leave the kids. We scoped out the area on our childless trips on the Edge and Apex. 

We have 3.5 year old twins that we are bringing on the Beyond Transatlantic in Oct - happy to let you know how it goes. This will be our 3rd cruise with the kids, their second on Celebrity. When they were one and we were on the Equinox, we brought a small blow up pool with us that we would put on the lawn and the crew would help us fill it up so the kids could play. This was a good alternative to the pool since they weren't potty trained at the time. 

If you are able to potty train by Dec, they will love the pool area 100% and will have a blast in the kids program. 

Yes, please let me know how it goes. I also worry about keeping him still for long periods of time for dinner & shows. Sitting still for 30 minutes at a time, is a huge task. lol

27 minutes ago, bravesfan19 said:

Yes, please let me know how it goes. I also worry about keeping him still for long periods of time for dinner & shows. Sitting still for 30 minutes at a time, is a huge task. lol

Of course, will absolutely let you know. 

We just went on the Navigator of the Seas of a few weeks ago with the kids and we’re worried about the same but it went better than expected. We would bring their tablets to dinner and use that to distract them when they got antsy. That worked really well. We took them to one of the ice skating shows - they were both enthralled by the lights and music. Our daughter got bored after awhile so one of us left with her while the other stayed with our son who sat through the whole thing.  The key is just to be flexible and follow their queues. 

If yours is anything like ours, they’ll love going up and down the big ramp on the resort deck on the beyond. And be sure to do Le petit chef, that is a perfect dinner and a show activity for toddlers. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Surely that should have said 16 month?

No, I had concerns about bringing a child of any age on Celebrity. My concerns were age appropriate, but they are along the same lines as OP…will there be enough for them to do, will we like it, how will celebrity cater to my child, what do they offer children. I spent way too much time worrying beforehand. Just disembarked last Monday so the experience is fresh in my mind. Very happy we had the family experience. 

23 hours ago, bravesfan19 said:

We have a cruise credit that has to be used by the end of this year on a Celebrity Cruise from a previous canceled cruise. I've been on 28 cruises but none on Celebrity. This will also be our 1st cruise with a child. My wife & I will be cruising with our 3.5 year old son. My question is about the Children Activities on Celebrity Cruises, specifically the Beyond. Are there plenty of things for a very active toddler boy to do? I don't think this ship, is really made for Children. Will he get bored, or have plenty to do in the kids club & events? 

My son has been cruising since he was 11 months old.  Despite the covid shutdown, he's just completed his 12th cruise in April at 10 1/2 years old with two more booked.  We've done  Carnival, Disney, and Celebrity with him.  I'm not sure anything can top Disney, and it really is a wonderful line.  The food, service, and ships were impeccable.  Seeing his face light up when Buzz or Mickey came around a corner were well worth the very premium price.  That said, he has loved the Celebrity cruises we have done.  He loves to draw, color, and in recent years, play video games.  He thinks the camp on Celebrity is less repetitive than it is on Carnival, though he enjoys that too.  He has always been a kid who woke up asking what time the camp opened, and begging to stay until the wee hours of the morning.  Kids are different though, and your mileage may vary.  Almost without fail, the camp staff on all the lines have been warm, welcoming, and friendly.  

4 hours ago, bravesfan19 said:

When our son was younger, they would bring something from the children's menu and he would eat.  One of us would then take him back to camp.  To do this, we'd time our meals so that camp would be open shortly after we started dinner.  He'd often color at the table while waiting for his food.  

Just expect to spend 100 %  of your time with him.. no pools or hot tubs or kids club.   but lots of interesting things to see around the ship. Staff will be very helpful!  Nice ice cream stand..,,

Fancy dining, bars,  dance floors, and loud shows may not  be ideal in consideration of other guests.  Bring lots of toys and activities with you and maybe he can enjoy the  in room shower with all the sprays!  Tv has kiddie stuff and movies.

Nothing much for kids  in most X gift shops..big lapse.

Enjoy!

• 3 months later...
On 7/9/2022 at 10:24 AM, bravesfan19 said:

Hi!

Just following up here - we are on day 3 on the Beyond TA so wanted to send you an update on how our 3 year olds are doing.  They’ve been really enjoying it and the crew have been incredible - we had accidentally left our daughter’s Elmo doll at the retreat on the first day which caused a very tense night but the retreat staff had found it and delivered it back to her the following morning with such a sweet hand written note attached. She (and us) were so excited. The fact that they knew it was hers and made a point to get it back to us is amazing. I was not expecting to find it again nor expecting the staff to go above and beyond in that way. 

As I type this, the kids are in the kids club for their second time on the trip. They absolutely love it and want to keep going back. This is a dramatic shift compared to our experience with the kids club on the Navigator of the seas which they did not want to back go to after one visit. I’m definitely seeing them preferring celebrity over royal for the time being. The kids club has three main sessions a day (I’m attaching the schedule below) with each one being a different theme. We took them to the Dino themed session yesterday and they came back with little t-Rex drawings to show us. The staff did a great job wearing them out - both kids were asleep by 930 for the first time this trip (a difficult thing with the big time change). We are only trying to drop them off in the mornings so then we can go swimming and (god willing) get a nap in the afternoon.  Our son is very excited for the camping night tomorrow so we may end up with a kids free dinner then. 

In terms of dinner - we’ve only eaten in Luminae so far but have reservations across all the speciality restaurants scheduled over the next 10 days. Our trick to get through dinner is let the kids play with their tablets. They’re able to sit there for 2 hours perfectly quiet. The staff also offered to take their orders first so they could get the food out quickly and distract them. If you ask, they’ll be happy to condense the time between your courses as well to help get out fast. 

There has only been one traditional so far which was Arte last night (it was fine).  We went to the 9pm showing - our daughter fell asleep in the stroller before it started and our son lasted through about half of it before asking to leave. Another pro tip: bring noise reducing headphones. The music can be too loud and the headphones help a lot. They still hear everything, just not as loud.

let me know if you have any questions, happy to answer them. 

IMG_9197.jpg

IMG_9065.jpg

IMG_9163.jpg

4 hours ago, Stricks08 said:

Just following up here - we are on day 3 on the Beyond TA so wanted to send you an update on how our 3 year olds are doing.  They’ve been really enjoying it and the crew have been incredible

Thank you so much for this detailed and helpful post!  I'm taking my 4 year year old on Apex in January and this helps me get even more excited!

3 hours ago, mfs2k said:

Are there many other kids with them in the kids club?  

We’ve been told that there are about 20 kids on board but only one other in their age range. Yesterday they combined the kids into a single group so some slightly older kids were in there with them

7 hours ago, Stricks08 said:

Hi!

Just following up here - we are on day 3 on the Beyond TA so wanted to send you an update on how our 3 year olds are doing.  They’ve been really enjoying it and the crew have been incredible - we had accidentally left our daughter’s Elmo doll at the retreat on the first day which caused a very tense night but the retreat staff had found it and delivered it back to her the following morning with such a sweet hand written note attached. She (and us) were so excited. The fact that they knew it was hers and made a point to get it back to us is amazing. I was not expecting to find it again nor expecting the staff to go above and beyond in that way. 

As I type this, the kids are in the kids club for their second time on the trip. They absolutely love it and want to keep going back. This is a dramatic shift compared to our experience with the kids club on the Navigator of the seas which they did not want to back go to after one visit. I’m definitely seeing them preferring celebrity over royal for the time being. The kids club has three main sessions a day (I’m attaching the schedule below) with each one being a different theme. We took them to the Dino themed session yesterday and they came back with little t-Rex drawings to show us. The staff did a great job wearing them out - both kids were asleep by 930 for the first time this trip (a difficult thing with the big time change). We are only trying to drop them off in the mornings so then we can go swimming and (god willing) get a nap in the afternoon.  Our son is very excited for the camping night tomorrow so we may end up with a kids free dinner then. 

In terms of dinner - we’ve only eaten in Luminae so far but have reservations across all the speciality restaurants scheduled over the next 10 days. Our trick to get through dinner is let the kids play with their tablets. They’re able to sit there for 2 hours perfectly quiet. The staff also offered to take their orders first so they could get the food out quickly and distract them. If you ask, they’ll be happy to condense the time between your courses as well to help get out fast. 

There has only been one traditional so far which was Arte last night (it was fine).  We went to the 9pm showing - our daughter fell asleep in the stroller before it started and our son lasted through about half of it before asking to leave. Another pro tip: bring noise reducing headphones. The music can be too loud and the headphones help a lot. They still hear everything, just not as loud.

let me know if you have any questions, happy to answer them. 

IMG_9197.jpg

IMG_9065.jpg

IMG_9163.jpg

Thank you for this information, it will be very helpful. We are looking forward to our cruise in a few months. 

I would double check the expiration date on your certificate.

From the Celebrity website:

“As of June 1, 2022, the portion of the FCC value that represents 100% of the cruise fare paid on your original reservation will no longer expire. 

The incremental 25% bonus value that was provided will expire on the original expiration date or on 12/31/22, whichever is later.”

https://www.celebritycruises.com/future-cruise-credit