When do you put your luggage tags on your suitcase

flifish64

3 minutes ago, Mark_K said:

I haven’t seen a recommendation from Celebrity, but Disney recommends you attach them before leaving home.  

No recommendations from Celebrity. Even if they did as you say Disney does I wouldn't do it. We never fly in the day of the cruise. I always remove the airline tags and put our Celebrity tags in the plastic holders secured with the braided wire on our luggage at the hotel prior to heading over to the cruise terminal. We also have our own personal tags (Celebrity leather tags from when we first paid and joined the Captains Club) with all our contact info. Also all our contact info is inside our luggage. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Mark_K said:

I haven’t seen a recommendation from Celebrity, but Disney recommends you attach them before leaving home.  

There is a recommendation from Celebrity but we put them on before heading over to the cruise port.  Celebrity does not operate the airline we fly on.

3 minutes ago, keesar said:

There is a recommendation from Celebrity but we put them on before heading over to the cruise port.  Celebrity does not operate the airline we fly on.

I've never read that. Where is that published? 

3 pages of this.........Has there always been this much discussion re how and when to put 'luggage tags' on the  suitcases?  Are we now back to posting somewhat normally?  The OP has their answer over and over and over again.  Ooops.......I just contributed to the 3 pages....:classic_wink:

• Haha 1

Just now, Oceangoer2 said:

3 pages of this.........Has there always been this much discussion re how and when to put 'luggage tags' on the  suitcases?  Are we now back to posting somewhat normally?  The OP has their answer over and over and over again.  Ooops.......I just contributed to the 3 pages....:classic_wink:

Are you striving to be on the CC Mod squad. 😂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Oceangoer2 said:

I was just laughing about how this is still a thing as well.  😆

Years ago I put ours on before our flight. I was missing my most critical bag when we got to the airport. Spent one night in Fort Lauderdale and still didn’t have it when we boarded the ship. Had to buy an outfit in the hotel gift shop to have something clean to wear to the ship. A few hours after embarkation, my suitcase showed up at our cabin. Someone at the airport saw the cruise tag and pulled it as though we had a cruise line transfer. I got my bag, but had many hours of angst. Always wait until we’re ready to go to the ship now. 

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Thanks. I'll stick with putting our luggage tags on our luggage at the pre cruise hotel before heading  over to the terminal. 

Celebrity says to place them on before you leave home.  I am not sure that is a good idea.  We will continue to place them on the luggage and carry ons prior to getting on the transpiration to the pier.  

Tag or no tag, if our luggage didn't make it I would head to the airlines missing luggage dept and let them know and tell them all the info for the pre cruise hotel. Also the cruise line, ship, sail date. time and the embarkation port details. 

3 minutes ago, keesar said:

Celebrity says to place them on before you leave home.  I am not sure that is a good idea.  We will continue to place them on the luggage and carry ons prior to getting on the transpiration to the pier.  

Yep, that's what I have always done and will continue.