Central Park WOS

Is it me or does the CP on WOS look sparse compared to other oasis class ships? I can't see any large trees like on the other ships. Or does it take a while to grow? It is no many flowers or colored plants, only green plants. 

Edited by Cruiscs

13 minutes ago, Cruiscs said:

Is it me or does the CP on WOS look sparse compared to other oasis class ships? I can't see any large threes like on the other ships. Or does it take a while to grow? It is no many flowers or colored plants, only green plants. 

Looks like lots of trees, they may need a season to grow.

4 hours ago, Cruiscs said:

Is it me or does the CP on WOS look sparse compared to other oasis class ships? I can't see any large trees like on the other ships. Or does it take a while to grow? It is no many flowers or colored plants, only green plants. 

image.png.66cfee497597f95c5a159ac5d63364f6.png

image.thumb.png.48256de38d70b98935f4fb36a50a8a00.png

image.png.f3cf8dcd748c29a19490fdc3e7ccd2bd.png

image.png.ccf0e980c94bff0c9d331efd25429041.png

image.thumb.png.ca1e790b38bbd4d0b30b972eaafc0ca8.png

image.thumb.png.964b4d2123b8c183270a5fd940a482fc.png

• Like 1

It's a brand new ship, and it takes time for everything to gow. We were on the Symphony a couple of years ago when she was new, and the difference now is like night and day. The Wonder will be the same. It's not cost cutting, it's nature.

• Like 1

Symphony's Central Park also looked "young" when it first launched.  It takes time and lots of TLC for a Central Park on a ship to grow into the lush setting that the established Central Park's appear to be.

On the Wonder inaugural I ran into Laszlo the man who oversees all Central Park installations across the fleet.  He's well known and Royal gives him a lot of leeway to manage the plant life we all love in all the Central Parks across the fleet.

Wonder's Central Park was installed based on the ship going straight to China.  Once it was determined they would redeploy the ship first to the US then to the Med Laszlo knew not all of the plants chosen for China would thrive or survive in the US and the Med.  Some will and the Central Park on Wonder has some species you won't find on any other ship. 

He told me he wasn't going to rip out live plants and install new ones just for the sake of making Central Park suitable for the US.  He would cycle in new plants known to handle the US climate better as some of the plants chosen for China faded. He showed me areas in March where the process was already taking place.  Some species just couldn't handle the weather and were starting to die off.   It's a process that will take time but it will also cost money which isn't exactly in abundance right now.  

In a few years Wonder's Central Park will flourish and be just as lush as others in the fleet.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, twangster said:

Symphony's Central Park also looked "young" when it first launched.  It takes time and lots of TLC for a Central Park on a ship to grow into the lush setting that the established Central Park's appear to be.

On the Wonder inaugural I ran into Laszlo the man who oversees all Central Park installations across the fleet.  He's well known and Royal gives him a lot of leeway to manage the plant life we all love in all the Central Parks across the fleet.

Wonder's Central Park was installed based on the ship going straight to China.  Once it was determined they would redeploy the ship first to the US then to the Med Laszlo knew not all of the plants chosen for China would thrive or survive in the US and the Med.  Some will and the Central Park on Wonder has some species you won't find on any other ship. 

He told me he wasn't going to rip out live plants and install new ones just for the sake of making Central Park suitable for the US.  He would cycle in new plants known to handle the US climate better as some of the plants chosen for China faded. He showed me areas in March where the process was already taking place.  Some species just couldn't handle the weather and were starting to die off.   It's a process that will take time but it will also cost money which isn't exactly in abundance right now.  

In a few years Wonder's Central Park will flourish and be just as lush as others in the fleet.

Thanks for the input! Just hope that there are a lot of faded plants during my cruise next month😅