Are there magnetic surfaces in the cabins on Celebrity Eclipse and Celebrity Solstice cabins?

We've seen suggestions to bring magnetic hooks to hang things in your cabin, but I think I remember seeing a comment where someone pointed out that the cabin walls aboard their ship were not magnetic.  No point in lugging the hooks if there's nothing to adhere them too. TIA

I think it depends on the ship and the room.  We were on the refurbished Summit in a Sky Suite.  None of the walls were magnetic.  When they refreshed the room, they put some type "wall" over all the vertical walls, and this was not magnetic.  The only place magnetic was the ceiling and cabin door.  However, it was a B2B cruise, and we moved for the second cruise to an aft balcony.  Part of the room was covered in the non-magnetic walls, but part wasn't allowing us to use our magnetic hooks.  

If it is a cruise ship that has yet to be updated, you are fine.  If it is an "E" class ship you are probably fine although I have never been on one of these ships, so do not know for sure. If it is an updated ship, you may find magnetic walls. 

Nearly all the walls and ceilings in the cabins on every ship are steel.  It is a matter of how thick the vinyl coating (think industrial wallpaper) they put on the steel is, and how strong your magnets are.  Likely if the above poster had used rare earth magnets, they would have found they work everywhere in the cabin.  It is just how much trouble you want to go to.

4 minutes ago, chengkp75 said:

Nearly all the walls and ceilings in the cabins on every ship are steel.  It is a matter of how thick the vinyl coating (think industrial wallpaper) they put on the steel is, and how strong your magnets are.  Likely if the above poster had used rare earth magnets, they would have found they work everywhere in the cabin.  It is just how much trouble you want to go to.

Interesting that I did use these magnets and they did not work:

DIYMAG Strong Neodymium Magnetic Hooks, 110lbs Heavy Duty Rare Earth Magnets with Hook,Strong Corrosion Protection 

The magnets might weigh 1 oz each.  How much trouble would it be to "lug" them.  Just take them and don't worry about it.  They really come in handy.  In fact they make both hook magnets for clothes and disc magnets to hang papers.  Bring both.

DON

11 hours ago, woldridge said:

Interesting that I did use these magnets and they did not work:

DIYMAG Strong Neodymium Magnetic Hooks, 110lbs Heavy Duty Rare Earth Magnets with Hook,Strong Corrosion Protection 

Those hooks weren't by chance like this one?  Ordered off Amazon and is chunky.  I've already learned I have to pay attention to where I set it down or it "collects" objects.

IMG_6342 - Copy.jpg

I have used them in every cruise cabin we have sailed in (M and S class with Celebrity, as well as RCCL).  We use the 30 lb magnets with hooks from the hardware store - any stronger and I had trouble getting them off the wall 😀.  I keep 4 in our travel kit and they work great to keep the cabin tidy.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, BeGoneBegonia said:

Those hooks weren't by chance like this one?  Ordered off Amazon and is chunky.  I've already learned I have to pay attention to where I set it down or it "collects" objects.

IMG_6342 - Copy.jpg

They are from Amazon but are not this one.  Here is the link:

Neosmuk Magnetic Hooks, 22 lb+ Heavy Duty Earth Magnets with Hook for Refrigerator, Extra Strong Cruise Hook for Hanging, Magnetic Hanger for Cabins, Grill (Silver White, Pack of 10): AmazonSmile: Industrial & Scientific

Neosmuk Magnetic Hooks, 22 lb+ Heavy Duty Earth Magnets with Hook for Refrigerator, Extra Strong Cruise Hook for Hanging, Magnetic Hanger for Cabins, Grill (Silver White, Pack of 10)

• Like 1