2 or 3 days Covid testing

MISTER 67

We are sailing on the Equinox on August 7th and on the Celebrity App it states that Covid tests are required 3 days in advance of boarding the ship. I was under the impression that it was still 2 days, can someone verify that it's now 3 days. Tried calling Celebrity but got tired of being on hold for an hour.

The testing requirement can vary by where your cruise is starting.  Check the Healthy st Sea and travel info, link is at the top of the website follow it until you get to the info for the country/region your cruise departs from.

• Thanks 1

According to the website, within 2 days. Day of sailing does not count so if you sail on the 7th, you can get your test on the 5th or 6th. 

Pre-Cruise Testing

Out of an abundance of caution, Celebrity Cruises requires all guests two years of age and older to present a digital or printed copy of a supervised, negative COVID-19 test result in order to board any sailing. 

All vaccinated guests are required to present a negative COVID-19 test result at the time of embarkation. This test may be taken as either as an Antigen or PCR test, conducted within two days of boarding the ship.

• Thanks 1

I thank you all for your responses.

My bad, I went back and re-read the App, the 3 days was for unvaccinated guests and the normal 2 days was for vaccinated guests. This will be our 5th cruise since last Thanksgiving and I should have known better.

On reading this I had a momentary panic- we sail on a Friday and just scheduled our tests for Wednesday. And despite having spent hours sorting out the ArriveCAN and testing requirements, I suddenly had no idea of when we had to take the test. So had to look it up to respond here and quiet my rapidly beating heart. I'm not sure I can get fully in cruise mode until the testing is complete and I have a piece of paper saying negative on it- we have had to cancel several times already because of CoVid (not because we were sick- just cause) and a part of me is certain that having gone for more than 2 1/2 years it will chose just this exact moment to turn up positive.  It happened to a friend of mine the morning they were flying out for 2 cruises and extended time in Europe. Her husband woke up feel poorly and sure enough- positive. Can't believe how easy things were in the Before Times. 

36 minutes ago, 5waldos said:

On reading this I had a momentary panic- we sail on a Friday and just scheduled our tests for Wednesday. And despite having spent hours sorting out the ArriveCAN and testing requirements, I suddenly had no idea of when we had to take the test. So had to look it up to respond here and quiet my rapidly beating heart. I'm not sure I can get fully in cruise mode until the testing is complete and I have a piece of paper saying negative on it- we have had to cancel several times already because of CoVid (not because we were sick- just cause) and a part of me is certain that having gone for more than 2 1/2 years it will chose just this exact moment to turn up positive.  It happened to a friend of mine the morning they were flying out for 2 cruises and extended time in Europe. Her husband woke up feel poorly and sure enough- positive. Can't believe how easy things were in the Before Times. 

One of these days we will be back to normal. I actually thought we would have been there by now but no such luck. Have a nice cruise.

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 1