Early Flight into Seatac

Sprocket

Flying into Seatac next month and arrive at 6 AM.  Because of so many recent airline issues, delays, cancellations etc I chose that time in case I have to drive down from BC.  I have a sedan picking me up and taking me to the pier and I estimate I will be dropped off sometime around 7 am.  The car service is part of my booking.

Dropping my luggage off should not be an issue just wondering if there is anywhere nearby to spend a couple hours no problem using Uber.

Edited by Sprocket

• Sprocket changed the title to Early Flight into Seatac

Both the Princess and HAL ships will have just started their disembarkation process around 7 AM so you will be in a sea of about 5K passengers getting off the ship and moving towards whatever ground transportation will get them to where ever they are heading next. There are no amenities at Pier 91, other than a restroom.  You may find yourself standing until the terminal doors open for boarding which will be around 10 AM.

If possible, you may want to hang out at the airport, and maybe grab something from Starbucks near baggage claim.  There is a very pleasant area to sit by baggage carousel #1  It would be best to arrive at Pier 91 after 9AM at the earliest, even better closer to 9:30/10 AM.  The longshore porters will not be accepting embarking luggage until most of the departing passengers have left. 

Hoping for the best for you.

• Like 1

There's a shopping plaza with a Whole Foods that will be open if you get down to Pier 91 that early that you can grab a cup of coffee and sandwich and sit at a table with your luggage. There's also a Total Wine and More in walking distance of the Whole Foods that opens at 9am if you're into bringing your 2 bottles of wine on board. 

As Ferry Watcher said, you won't be able to drop off your luggage and Pier 91 will be a zoo of disembarking passengers at that time. I'd stay away until at least 11am.  We had customs issues when we got to Seattle, so the disembarkation off the Quantum didn't start until close until 9am that trip. 

If you're departing from Pier 66, you're downtown which gives you more to do but your luggage will limit you.  There's a fairly large Starbucks on 5th and Pine that has ample seating. You could always try and blend in in a hotel lobby and grab a cup of coffee there for comfortable seating while you wait. 

Edited by psuboater

There’s no way around it, you’d be arriving the pier too early and there’s nothing really near Smith Cove.  If you can drop your luggage at the pier or even find a place to plop them down someplace that’s secure, you could walk back along the Elliott Bay Trail towards Elliott Bay Park.  Its about1/2 mile+ from the terminal.  Expedia completed the park project a couple years ago and it turned out very nice. Walking a bit further you’ll pass the grain terminal and then the rose garden with a great view of the bay and downtown. There are no amenities along the way other than a public restroom.

https://goo.gl/maps/RXZseWSPQWYkyUAz9

4 hours ago, Glaciers said:

There’s no way around it, you’d be arriving the pier too early and there’s nothing really near Smith Cove.  If you can drop your luggage at the pier or even find a place to plop them down someplace that’s secure, you could walk back along the Elliott Bay Trail towards Elliott Bay Park.  Its about1/2 mile+ from the terminal.  Expedia completed the park project a couple years ago and it turned out very nice. Walking a bit further you’ll pass the grain terminal and then the rose garden with a great view of the bay and downtown. There are no amenities along the way other than a public restroom.

https://goo.gl/maps/RXZseWSPQWYkyUAz9

Thanks I tried using Google maps to see if there was outside seating available at the terminal, I'm going to have to wait somewhere and I should be hearing from the limo company soon and hoping to find out my options are.  I'll speak to the porters and Princess staff when we arrive at a reasonable time for our cruise on the Discovery on the 14th.

The walk sounds really nice definitely worth checking out.