Certificate of Recovery and Testing

pisces223

I will post this question in the Celebrity forum too. My partner got Covid exactly 11 days prior to our cruise on Celebrity to Bermuda. She has been fully vaccinated and boosted. She got a test at Walgreens and it was positive. She has been in touch with her doctor and is going to get a Certificate of Recovery to bring to the port. We just noticed that the positive test was an antigen, not a PCR. How much of a problem might that be? By the time we realized it (today - 7 days pre-cruise), it would be too late to get a PCR test, as it has to be 11-90 days pre-cruise. Now what? Any thoughts on providing a positive supervised antigen test vs. positive PCR test to fulfill the requirements? TIA!

1 hour ago, pisces223 said:

I will post this question in the Celebrity forum too. My partner got Covid exactly 11 days prior to our cruise on Celebrity to Bermuda. She has been fully vaccinated and boosted. She got a test at Walgreens and it was positive. She has been in touch with her doctor and is going to get a Certificate of Recovery to bring to the port. We just noticed that the positive test was an antigen, not a PCR. How much of a problem might that be? By the time we realized it (today - 7 days pre-cruise), it would be too late to get a PCR test, as it has to be 11-90 days pre-cruise. Now what? Any thoughts on providing a positive supervised antigen test vs. positive PCR test to fulfill the requirements? TIA!

Bermuda doesn't permit a certificate of recovery for arriving cruise passengers . You must have a negative COVID test.

23 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

Bermuda doesn't permit a certificate of recovery for arriving cruise passengers . You must have a negative COVID test.

Bermuda has transferred all Covid test result handling to the cruise ships. Celebrity does accept the Certificate of Recovery. My question was about having a PCR test or an antigen test to qualify. Tom & Judy answered on the Celebrity forum that antigen tests have been added in addition to the PCR test results for the COR. So, we should be ok. Thank you!

36 minutes ago, pisces223 said:

Bermuda has transferred all Covid test result handling to the cruise ships. Celebrity does accept the Certificate of Recovery. My question was about having a PCR test or an antigen test to qualify. Tom & Judy answered on the Celebrity forum that antigen tests have been added in addition to the PCR test results for the COR. So, we should be ok. Thank you!

You're wrong. When a country's requirements are more restrictive than the cruise line's requirements the country's requirements apply.

Bermuda has transferred the responsibility for verifying that your test results meet their requirements to the cruise lines, but Bermuda has not changed their test requirements to permit use of a certificate of recovery.

Here are Bermuda's requirements. Note that all passengers must have a negative test . There is no option for a certificate of recovery. https://www.gov.bm/cruise-travel-authorisation

5. All passengers MUST have a negative COVID-19 test result to show at the embarkation terminal, along with their APPROVED Travel Authorization (see below for Accepted Test types).”

Note Celebrity's requirements for Bermuda. There is no option for a certificate of recovery.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/bermuda-travel-requirements

Sailing Testing Requirements 

Pre-Arrival/Embarkation Covid-19 Testing

All guests ages 2 and older must present a digital or physical copy of a supervised, negative Covid-19 test result at check-in to board their sailing, whether a pre-arrival test (for vaccinated) or test administered at the terminal (for unvaccinated).

Some cruise lines emphasize the requirements even more clearly than Celebrity does to ensure their passengers understand them. Here's NCL:

https://www.ncl.com/travel-requirements-by-country

Bermuda Cruise Protocols

Testing Requirements:

Pre-cruise:

All guests over the age of 2 must provide proof of negative test per standard Sail Safe testing requirements apply.

Bermuda government does not allow certificate of recovery in lieu of negative test result. 

5 hours ago, njhorseman said:

You're wrong. When a country's requirements are more restrictive than the cruise line's requirements the country's requirements apply.

Bermuda has transferred the responsibility for verifying that your test results meet their requirements to the cruise lines, but Bermuda has not changed their test requirements to permit use of a certificate of recovery.

Here are Bermuda's requirements. Note that all passengers must have a negative test . There is no option for a certificate of recovery. https://www.gov.bm/cruise-travel-authorisation

5. All passengers MUST have a negative COVID-19 test result to show at the embarkation terminal, along with their APPROVED Travel Authorization (see below for Accepted Test types).”

Note Celebrity's requirements for Bermuda. There is no option for a certificate of recovery.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/bermuda-travel-requirements

Sailing Testing Requirements 

Pre-Arrival/Embarkation Covid-19 Testing

All guests ages 2 and older must present a digital or physical copy of a supervised, negative Covid-19 test result at check-in to board their sailing, whether a pre-arrival test (for vaccinated) or test administered at the terminal (for unvaccinated).

Bermuda government does not allow certificate of recovery in lieu of negative test result. 

So, this sounds like no one can take a cruise to Bermuda if they have a Certificate of Recovery? Is that what you're saying? Sorry to sound stupid. I just am trying to figure this out.

10 minutes ago, pisces223 said:

So, this sounds like no one can take a cruise to Bermuda if they have a Certificate of Recovery? Is that what you're saying? Sorry to sound stupid. I just am trying to figure this out.

That is correct.

• Thanks 1

So many of you are telling me that because my partner recently had Covid and is still testing positive, that even with a Certificate of Recovery, she will not be allowed to go to Bermuda. HOWEVER, why, then does the Celebrity website for Bermuda (https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/bermuda-travel-requirements) state this: 

Bermuda Travel Requirements as of June 22, 2022

Guests who have recently recovered from COVID-19 may present a Certificate of Recovery and proof of the positive PCR test result taken between 11-90 days prior to the sail date in order to board. We will not accept a Certificate of Recovery in place of a vaccination record.

16 minutes ago, pisces223 said:

So many of you are telling me that because my partner recently had Covid and is still testing positive, that even with a Certificate of Recovery, she will not be allowed to go to Bermuda. HOWEVER, why, then does the Celebrity website for Bermuda (https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/bermuda-travel-requirements) state this: 

Bermuda Travel Requirements as of June 22, 2022

Guests who have recently recovered from COVID-19 may present a Certificate of Recovery and proof of the positive PCR test result taken between 11-90 days prior to the sail date in order to board. We will not accept a Certificate of Recovery in place of a vaccination record.

When I clicked on the link you provided the web page does not include the Certificate of Recovery wording you in the last paragraph of your post.

Edit: I found the wording. The problem is that Celebrity is wrong.

Edited by njhorseman