Half Moon Cay Help

peanutprincess1977

HMC is a beautiful beach stop. There is a small shopping area with lots of logo stuff and your purchases are charged to your ship card. There is a special beach area with water toys. I think there is a fee to use some of them. You can rent a clamshell for about $9 for the day. There are also mats and snorkle gear for rent. Your family might enjoy the glass bottom boat excursion. If you go to the HAL boards and search for info on HMC, you will find lots of info and links to pictures. It is a beautiful place. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

Half Moon Cay is wonderful! Do get a clamshell. You can probably get one off the shore excursion section on Carnival. We do that on the HAL website for their cruises. I have done the horseback ride and highly recommend it. There is an area to get a massage on the beach, a small shopping area and a picnic area as well as a bar that is closer to the beach. You can charge all of this to your shipboard account. Half Moon Cay is my favorite of all the private cruise ship islands. Have fun!

I have been to Princess, Royal Caribbean, and HAL private island stops and Half Moon Cay is by far the best. It is a wonderful beach with safe calm waters. There are water sports and walking paths too. When we were there there weren't any organized beach games but we had a dud of a Cruise Director and the staff were pretty unorganized too (after 911 when the cruise staff had been sent home and then rapidly recalled when the ships started to be booked). There were some fish in the water that were following people walking down the beach like lost puppies, it was hilarious. Lovely beach, wish I was there now.

We went there a couple of times on HAL and the last time in '04 was the best.

It was the perfect beach day! We just kicked back drinking while looking out at our ship anchored off in the distance. The barbeque they put on at the pavilion there was great also. They have a few those thatched roofed open air bars also which are a blast to hang out at.

Look on Carnival's website and go to ports of call and look up half moon cay, will list different activities available on the island and rentalls. Also for Grand turk look in the cruise critic's Carnival thread (probably a couple pages back by now) and click on the Grand turks Cruise Center thread and there is a hook up to their web site with pics and maps and list of excursions and activities. We've not been to grand turk or HMC before and are headed there in Nov. on the Elation and both ports look great!

They have the swim with the rays - not too deep, fenced in and lots of rays. There is a guide there to help you and show how to feed the rays.

You can take the two of you in the para-sail behind the boat - it's only a 10 minute ride in the air but exciting as the dickens. There is a weight limit - I believe maybe 300 lbs. So you can probably both go together

The horse back riding is good but it would be tough for a 5 year old as the portion in the water is esentially bare-back riding and you would need strong legs or experience to hold on.

The snorkeling in the beach area is nothing but sand and the occasional little fish - there are more fish near the rocks.

You can rent a jet ski - they have a special area to take you to.

Its' protected from ocean waves .

The clamshell is great to catch a nap in - and there is always the strolling waiters with drinks that have little umbrella in them.

You can book them before hand or chance it that the excursion is not sold out and book on shore at the service booth.

Great BBQ, a band next to the bar you never want to leave and beautiful sand

Try these links. The one from Ziggy is the best.

hthttp://community.webshots.com/album/310184391qmbGBl

Hope this works. Never mind. It did not work. I will try something else.

Just so you know in the future your link didn't work because the first part is typed wrong it should be:

http://community.webshots.com/album/310184391qmbGBl

• 4 months later...
Are there hammocks on HMC?

There were back in March- but they're kind of in the trees, so the sand underneath them has stuff that fell from the trees in it. There aren't too many of them either. I think (if memory serves me) they were past the bar as you walk up the beach.

2129150600_HMCSign.jpg.84a76e9d1866c32b03400eff31e3ead0.jpg

If this picture attached, it was the only sign I needed at HMC. I agree with another poster in that I would pay for a trip to be at HMC all week. Imagine the floating resort with a beach a short tender away with that great music and fun. I went on HAL and the band and several staffers were there to assist anyone that needed it.

All excursions are run by the ship. You must book through the cruise lines.

Since this is a private island there is nothing you can book locally. :)

Archived