Looking for advice on Getaway balcony location

Kclovesken

Hey y'all 🙂

So I am booking a cruise on the Getaway and was looking for some suggestions for balcony rooms. Trying to find a good size balcony that is quiet. Not worried about front or back etc. Any seasoned cruisers have any suggestions? 

The regular balconies are small.  You get two chairs and a small side table.  The chairs have to face almost lengthways so you can't face them to the sea and fit your legs.  But they are still good places to sit.  I was in 12200 for one cruise and then, for the next cruise went for a large balcony room which did indeed have a larger balcony with the 2 chairs but this time with a table that you could eat at as well as 2 loungers.  It was on deck 9 but does jut out so the people above can see you if you stand at the rail and you can see down onto the balconies on deck 8 (which are even larger).  But if you sit at the back of the deck then you can't be seen.  These cabins are at the front of the ship.

8 hours ago, argyll1881 said:

The regular balconies are small.  You get two chairs and a small side table.  The chairs have to face almost lengthways so you can't face them to the sea and fit your legs.  But they are still good places to sit.  I was in 12200 for one cruise and then, for the next cruise went for a large balcony room which did indeed have a larger balcony with the 2 chairs but this time with a table that you could eat at as well as 2 loungers.  It was on deck 9 but does jut out so the people above can see you if you stand at the rail and you can see down onto the balconies on deck 8 (which are even larger).  But if you sit at the back of the deck then you can't be seen.  These cabins are at the front of the ship.

Do you happen to remember the room number for deck 9? I am taking my mom and she is really looking forward to hanging out on the balcony so just want her as comfy as possible 🙂

3 hours ago, Kclovesken said:

Do you happen to remember the room number for deck 9? I am taking my mom and she is really looking forward to hanging out on the balcony so just want her as comfy as possible 🙂

They are a separate category Large balcony cabin.

Here is a picture I got previously on CC it is the Breakaway but it is the same as the Getaway.

368E7382-ADB6-4D3B-BEC5-DD95DA399511.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fethiyeden said:

They are a separate category Large balcony cabin.

Here is a picture I got previously on CC it is the Breakaway but it is the same as the Getaway.

368E7382-ADB6-4D3B-BEC5-DD95DA399511.png

We're cruising on the Getaway in October in 8126. It's a club balcony suite w/large balcony (M6). As the quoted^ poster said, the cabins that have large balconies are denoted as such.

It will be our first time cruising NCCL, and my husband and I are big fans of balcony time based on past cruises in balcony cabins vs ocean view cabins on RCCL. I admit that I'm not thrilled about the idea of a lot of other people being able to look down at our balcony, but if that's the price we pay to have a lot more balcony space, then so be it. I did find a video of an M6 cabin on the Breakaway, and you're pretty exposed on the balcony, so the person filming made a joke that you shouldn't do anything on your balcony you don't want anyone else to see!

17 hours ago, argyll1881 said:

The regular balconies are small.  You get two chairs and a small side table.  The chairs have to face almost lengthways so you can't face them to the sea and fit your legs.

Yep, this was the case in Cabin 12184, and that was a "Club Balcony" aka: Mini Suite. Did have a tub, which was no fun stepping in / out with my bad Knee and Back

11 hours ago, Kclovesken said:

The large balconies are premium r rooms at a premium price. (NCL any cabin class that ends in a number is a premium room). 

I would stick with a regular balcony room. The space is not as dire as portrayed. But the balconies are tiny. Mom can go down and sit on the sofas on the Deck 8 Waterfront. 

Edited by BirdTravels

11 minutes ago, SimplyAlbert said:

We usually get a large aft balcony.  The last one we had on the Breakaway had two loungers, two chairs, and a table with plenty of room to walk around.

We have an Aft balcony booked on the Breakaway for our Oct cruise. Looking forward to the large space on the back of the ship. 

• Like 1