Mariner Society Fares - Can you find them online?

Longwood50

I see on a travel agency site, a lower price for a cruise for a Mariner Society.  However when I go to Holland America I don't see anything.  Are those fare published or must you call Holland America or a travel agent to see them. 

10 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

I see on a travel agency site, a lower price for a cruise for a Mariner Society.  However when I go to Holland America I don't see anything.  Are those fare published or must you call Holland America or a travel agent to see them. 

You need to log in with your Mariner account on the Holland America Site to see the price for your Mariner Number.

9 minutes ago, liketraveling said:

You need to log in with your Mariner account on the Holland America Site to see the price for your Mariner Number.

Oh, I just logged into my account using my user name.  I will try that.  Thank You. 

Just now, Longwood50 said:

Oh, I just logged into my account using my user name.  I will try that.  Thank You. 

You should be able to find your Mariner pricing with your user name.  The site is not exactly user friendly.  Click on the room types and click continue and then there is another button that says continue with “price quote” under neath.  Click on that and then you have to scroll down a bit to see what the prices are for your Mariner number.  

1 minute ago, liketraveling said:

You should be able to find your Mariner pricing with your user name.  The site is not exactly user friendly.  Click on the room types and click continue and then there is another button that says continue with “price quote” under neath.  Click on that and then you have to scroll down a bit to see what the prices are for your Mariner number.  

Yes I logged in with my Mariner number and I get what is called a Private Fare. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Longwood50There have been times when logging into both my and my husband's account, we have two different sets of pricing. I have no idea why. When I've inquired to HAL and the Mariner Society, they had no idea why either. We have the same HAL history, and I am the one who manages our travel. But sometimes the difference can be in the hundreds of dollars between the price I see on his account and the price on mine. So always check everyone's account who's planning on traveling to compare. ymmv.

All the Best!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Longwood50 said:

I see on a travel agency site, a lower price for a cruise for a Mariner Society. 

Not sure if we are using/looking at the same TA site but I also can view Mariner Society prices on the TA site and they are quite good and when I inquired with my TA, she was confused about them (because she could not see them) and then when I sent her a screen print, she inquired with HAL and they were not available and she was not sure why there were out there.  I also checked the HAL site (after login) and those really good prices were nowhere to be seen at HAL either. 

Not sure what is going on.  

2 minutes ago, FlaMariner said:

Not sure if we are using/looking at the same TA site but I also can view Mariner Society prices on the TA site and they are quite good and when I inquired with my TA, she was confused about them (because she could not see them) and then when I sent her a screen print, she inquired with HAL and they were not available and she was not sure why there were out there.  I also checked the HAL site (after login) and those really good prices were nowhere to be seen at HAL either. 

Not sure what is going on.  

I find ever since they had that Celebration sale my mariner pricing is hidden.  I always sign in so that's not the issue.  My TA was able to find them though.

3 hours ago, syesmar said:

@Longwood50There have been times when logging into both my and my husband's account, we have two different sets of pricing. I have no idea why. When I've inquired to HAL and the Mariner Society, they had no idea why either. We have the same HAL history, and I am the one who manages our travel. But sometimes the difference can be in the hundreds of dollars between the price I see on his account and the price on mine. So always check everyone's account who's planning on traveling to compare. ymmv.

All the Best!

I have been seeing exactly the same thing. Sometimes pricing is the same for both of us and sometimes hundreds of dollars different.  Also, sometimes the pricing that comes up is for Have-it-all and the next day it is back to a price without that promo.

• Thanks 1

So called 'private' are just that. 

Perhaps the implication is that they are  special, ie  lower than what the the great unwashed would otherwise pay.  

But....given the choice between a special Mariner private sale and a more attractive TA or internet price I believe I know what most cruisers would select.

I would never assume that an excusive 'special price' offer from any cruise line is, by it's nature,  the lowest price that one can obtain.  Shop and compare.

Edited by iancal
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, iancal said:

So called 'private' are just that. 

Perhaps the implication is that they are  special, ie  lower than what the the great unwashed would otherwise pay.  

But....given the choice between a special Mariner private sale and a more attractive TA or internet price I believe I know what most cruisers would select.

I would never assume that an excusive 'special price' offer from any cruise line is, by it's nature,  the lowest price that one can obtain.  Shop and compare.

For years I used a pcc.  Now using a ta.  Price is exactly the same.  Don’t care if people go to the hot dog store and get gift cards.  Useless to me.  I’m not spending hours on the phone to talk to someone.  I prefer the Mariner pricing instead of going with the lowest bid who may be shady.

Our former TA of ten plus years was neither shady nor did we ever wait more than 5 minutes on the phone.  The only phone conversation was most often to provide credit card data.  And she called us.   She could, and did, discern a cruise line sale or  special price from a 'marketing' event.

Moreover, her prices were always lower that the cruise line-any cruise line.  Often by as much as 10 percent.

Edited by iancal
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

For years I used a pcc.  Now using a ta.  Price is exactly the same….

@Longwood50I meant to mention that if you have a travel agent and see special pricing online, the travel agent will also be able to enter whatever Fare Code is associated with the sale for the same price. I will often put something on Hold with HAL while I work out the airfare, then transfer to a TA later.

Also, always take a screenshot of what you see online, one time HAL couldn’t see the rate I was seeing but with my screenshot information, they were able to find it.

All the Best!

Edited by syesmar

We were fortunate.  We had a TA who responded to emails in a prompt, business like manner.  

We would email her with what we wanted to book.  She would email back either a quote or a short list of other competitive offers that we were not aware of.   We would make a decision and email her.  She would call for our credit card details.  Uncomplicated to say the least.

Cannot imagine wasting hours on some cruise company web site to book or remaining on hold for an hour to speak to an agent.

Edited by iancal