Airline Recommendations Canada to Quito, Ecuador

xbankguy

Help Please!  We are looking for feedback from anyone that has flown from Toronto (or Northeast U.S.A) to Quito, Ecuador.  We are on a Galapagos cruise in May of 2023.  Has anyone flown Avianca or Copa?  Or do you have another carrier you would recommend.  Many thanks. 

You can also fly this routing on AA, Aeromexico, UA or  Delta/Latam.  I haven't flown this routing on any of them, so I don't know.  I would pick UA for the one stop and because that's where I want to earn FF miles.  Choose what works best for you.

One of the first things you need to do is ask yourself:  What are MY priorities for this trip?  Is it price?  Convenience? Comfort? Something else?

From that basis, you can now make informed decisions based on research that fits YOUR needs.

While AA appears to have the lowest pricing for that route, I'd be inclined to take Copa on a single connect through Panama City.  There's a reasonably priced AC/UA routing through IAH, but it arrives near midnight, making for a bit of an uncomfortable start to your journey.

I did fly Copa (Star Alliance) with an overnight stay in Panama. I did prefer the overnight stay in Panama rather than a late arrival into Quito.

Enjoy your days in Quito and your Galapagos adventure.

On 7/11/2022 at 10:22 AM, xbankguy said:

Help Please!  We are looking for feedback from anyone that has flown from Toronto (or Northeast U.S.A) to Quito, Ecuador.  We are on a Galapagos cruise in May of 2023.  Has anyone flown Avianca or Copa?  Or do you have another carrier you would recommend.  Many thanks. 

Copa is an airline I gave flow aw well as well at work being a company we have had as a customer.  They are a good airline and well run and are part of star alliance so partners with United and Sir Canada.   Around the same size as WestJet and the operate the same type of aircraft.  

Avianca is probably a larger more complex operator.

I would chose Copa and a transit through Panama City over anything that involves a transit through the US.

US is a great country to visit but it clearing US customs to turn around a leave a few hours later is a pain and schedule risk.if things get backed up on customs inspection for some reason.

Edited by em-sk

I really appreciate all your comments and suggestions.  We will look seriously at Copa via Panama with perhaps a two night layover in Panama City on the outbound from Toronto.  Thanks again for all your help.

XBG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xbankguy said:

I really appreciate all your comments and suggestions.  We will look seriously at Copa via Panama with perhaps a two night layover in Panama City on the outbound from Toronto.  Thanks again for all your help.

XBG

Copa has a stopover program that you can take advantage of, as long as it is done at the time of the initial booking.

https://www.stopoverinpanama.com/