Thermal Spa

oracer

Ok, I see that we can get a Thermal Spa pass for $299 per person. Do they sell these when you get on the boat at a reduced rate?  We are upgrade bidding on a Spa suite, but want to have a plan B if we are not successful 

Weekly Passes are actually more expensive if you wait til on board, if the spa is not sold out you MAY be able to get day passes (very rare if you are on a "cold" cruise (Alaska , Greenland etc or on a cruise with a lot of sea days).

2 hours ago, oracer said:

Ok, I see that we can get a Thermal Spa pass for $299 per person. Do they sell these when you get on the boat at a reduced rate?  We are upgrade bidding on a Spa suite, but want to have a plan B if we are not successful 

If you want the spa, pre-buy.  The prices will not go down on-board.

Also, if you successfully get upgraded to a Spa Suite, you can then request a credit for your pre-purchased spa passes.  We've done exactly that in the past, when we won a Haven Spa bid.

• Like 3

They are more expensive on board, the only benefit is if you have substantial on board credit and then you can purchase them with that. We prefer to buy it when it comes up in our account. We currently have a cruise in November and just paid 399 per pass. Yes, expensive. We hope to bid on a spa balcony or Spa haven suite and take our chances there, if we win then we will ask a refund on our spa passes. 

1 hour ago, spanishguy1970 said:

They are more expensive on board, the only benefit is if you have substantial on board credit and then you can purchase them with that. We prefer to buy it when it comes up in our account. We currently have a cruise in November and just paid 399 per pass. Yes, expensive. We hope to bid on a spa balcony or Spa haven suite and take our chances there, if we win then we will ask a refund on our spa passes. 

Ouch!!! $399! 
Are the prices going up again or is this for a longer than 7 day cruise? I’m still getting over the sticker price for the raise to $299… sure hoping it’s not increasing again 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kenlorz said:

Ouch!!! $399! 
Are the prices going up again or is this for a longer than 7 day cruise? I’m still getting over the sticker price for the raise to $299… sure hoping it’s not increasing again 

Is a 16 day cruise. This will be our first cruise since 2019 and we have never paid this much, but the spa has always been our splurge.

I was upgraded to a spa room after buying a pass. I asked at the spa to refund my money and they didn’t add the credit to my bill.  I then had to go through customer service when I got home.   I just realized I never got my refund and had to email again.  I would wait till after the upgrades come through so you don’t have to mess with it.  

1 hour ago, tinygrashopa said:

I was upgraded to a spa room after buying a pass. I asked at the spa to refund my money and they didn’t add the credit to my bill.  I then had to go through customer service when I got home.   I just realized I never got my refund and had to email again.  I would wait till after the upgrades come through so you don’t have to mess with it.  

Upgrades are processed until the night before departure when it is too late to add stuff. Then you pay the higher price onboard. 

12 hours ago, spanishguy1970 said:Yes, expensive. We hope to bid on a spa balcony or Spa haven suite and take our chances there, if we win then we will ask a refund on our spa passes. 

This is the way to do it IMO.

I typically have good luck calling NCL and asking to upgrade.  On my next cruise (breakaway, later this month) I went from an inside cabin to a spa balcony for $400 total (literally the price of the spa passes for the two of us).  So, obviously, I took that in a heartbeat when they offered it (payment was due immediately).  This saved me from the fuss and “what-ifs”with the upgrade bid process.  I should note I called about a week after the upgrade bid  invitations went out.

We always buy Thermal Spa passes when we cruise Norwegian.

We are coming back to cruising in over 2 years and I'd like to ask those who used the Thermal Suite recently. With all Covid precautions and limitations is Thermal Spa fully operational? Is there a limited number of guests allowed at one time?

Any details on current conditions of Thermal Spa on board are truly appreciated. Just want to be ready for any new rules/changes.

Edited by Aldeya

4 hours ago, Aldeya said:

We always buy Thermal Spa passes when we cruise Norwegian.

We are coming back to cruising in over 2 years and I'd like to ask those who used the Thermal Suite recently. With all Covid precautions and limitations is Thermal Spa fully operational? Is there a limited number of guests allowed at one time?

Any details on current conditions of Thermal Spa on board are truly appreciated. Just want to be ready for any new rules/changes.

My husband and I had thermal spa passes on our April Getaway cruise. This was Easter week from the tri-state area (NY/CT/NJ), so the boat was at 110%'ish capacity due to all the kids on break. The first sea day which was supposed to be a stop in VA Beach, but was cancelled due to not leaving Manhattan until midnight, was a nightmare in the thermal spa. 

Every lounger was full, the pool was full, the hot tub, the grottos were all full. It did level out and we figured out the time to come when the thermal spa was virtually empty. There was definitely no capacity on number of people in there and they weren't even checking passes so I'm 100% sure some who didn't buy a pass were taking advantage. Later in the week it did get better, but forget COVID precautions - they don't exist, except for testing and vaccinations. 

On the plus side, everything was operational, including having the infused water, tea, and pretty gross looking oranges. 🙂

Even though I'm whining, we booked a Haven Spa suite for our August cruise so we'll still be enjoying the thermal spa then!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rob-Bob said:

What do you need to show?  So people were just walking in?  How is a spa pass holder identified?

Thanks

They place a tiny little sticker on your card when you stop by the spa. At that time they do check your name off on a piece of paper. Then you're supposed to flash your card when you walk in. By day 3 or 4 staff do know you, so you don't have to always flash the card. I've heard on some ships they actually collect the card and hold on to it while you're in the thermal suite, but I did not experience this on the Getaway in April. 

And yes, on the first sea day, folks were just walking in. No card check, no hello from crew, nothing...just wandered in and took advantage of the thermal suite. 

Edited by cruiseny4life
answered 2nd question
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

They place a tiny little sticker on your card when you stop by the spa. At that time they do check your name off on a piece of paper. Then you're supposed to flash your card when you walk in. By day 3 or 4 staff do know you, so you don't have to always flash the card. I've heard on some ships they actually collect the card and hold on to it while you're in the thermal suite, but I did not experience this on the Getaway in April. 

And yes, on the first sea day, folks were just walking in. No card check, no hello from crew, nothing...just wandered in and took advantage of the thermal suite. 

My wife and I have had Thermal Spa passes twice on the BA, Escape and Gem. They have always asked for our cabin cards and they file them. After a few days they know your face. I've seen a few people try to sneak in and they were asked to leave. I guess it all depends who's running it

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 7/11/2022 at 1:34 PM, oracer said:

NCL does not have boats they have ships.  Spa passes can and often do sell out.  Pre-purchasing will avoid that.  If you do buy ahead of time then get upgraded to the spa cabin you can cancel onboard and it will be refunded to your on board account.

7 minutes ago, MoCruiseFan said:

NCL does not have boats they have ships.  

There's a song I like to sing when I'm on NCL's boats...well any boat. "I'm on a boat..." I won't mention the lyrics, lest I be banned and that wouldn't be fun. 

It is nice to see you and Capt. Kate agree on them being called ships, but I like to call them boats, because...well, the song! 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2022 at 9:25 AM, cruiseny4life said:

My husband and I had thermal spa passes on our April Getaway cruise. This was Easter week from the tri-state area (NY/CT/NJ), so the boat was at 110%'ish capacity due to all the kids on break. The first sea day which was supposed to be a stop in VA Beach, but was cancelled due to not leaving Manhattan until midnight, was a nightmare in the thermal spa. 

Every lounger was full, the pool was full, the hot tub, the grottos were all full. It did level out and we figured out the time to come when the thermal spa was virtually empty. There was definitely no capacity on number of people in there and they weren't even checking passes so I'm 100% sure some who didn't buy a pass were taking advantage. Later in the week it did get better, but forget COVID precautions - they don't exist, except for testing and vaccinations. 

On the plus side, everything was operational, including having the infused water, tea, and pretty gross looking oranges. 🙂

Even though I'm whining, we booked a Haven Spa suite for our August cruise so we'll still be enjoying the thermal spa then!

what timeframe do you suggest going that would be mostly empty 🙂

53 minutes ago, Pie said:

Anytime from 8am-9am, around lunch and then from after 5pm to closing. I forgot if they close at 8pm or 10

• Like 1

On 7/22/2022 at 10:55 AM, Pie said:

What @Laszlosays below is quite correct Pie! In my experience on the Getaway (previous April and upcoming August), the thermal spa closed/closes at 10 PM. In April, possibly due to spring break and not so great weather topside, the thermal spa was pretty busy up until around 7 PM. After that...you could totally have the place to yourself! 

Due to the not so great Bermuda weather in April I was even on the ship during the day. We went to the thermal spa around 2 PM on one of these port days and it was still really busy (again - I blame the weather for that). 

Below I placed a wonderful photo of an open thermal spa at about 9 PM one of our sea day evenings. It was lovely!

On 7/22/2022 at 11:50 AM, Laszlo said:

Anytime from 8am-9am, around lunch and then from after 5pm to closing. I forgot if they close at 8pm or 10

image.thumb.jpeg.1679c044ec83ec4eac14628e6f224939.jpeg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, MJECruising said:

Is the $299 based on per person or couple? Trying to book for my November cruise but having trouble with NCLs website. 

Thanks

Marcia 

Per person and it varies by cruise. For example, our April seven day cruise on the Getaway was $200 something (forgot exact amount). Our cruise in a few weeks is nine days on the Getaway and is $329. Look under spa passes for your cruise and it should give you the amount.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1