Self-guided Sagrada Familia and Park Guell

crusin'k

5 hours ago, gail-s said:

Now that some of you might be back 😉 has anyone done Sagrada Familia and Park Guell in one day?  Which order would you recommend doing them and how long at each location?  I was thinking SF in the morning then walking to PG, taking our time there and walking back toward our hotel on La Rambla.  

I would not waste your time walking like you suggest.  I would get a cab between sites and allow more time at the sites themselves.  Or add another site.  Cabs are safe and reasonably priced in Barcelona. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/17/2023 at 8:22 PM, MeHeartCruising said:

I would not waste your time walking like you suggest.  I would get a cab between sites and allow more time at the sites themselves.  Or add another site.  Cabs are safe and reasonably priced in Barcelona. 

We're doing a group tour of PG and SF in November.  The tour starts at PG.  I've never been to Barcelona and I'm unfamiliar with the port.  We're planning to take a taxi to PG-- can anyone give me some specific and descriptive how-to instructions on how and where to get a taxi at the port, and any other wise tips?

12 hours ago, scrabble6 said:

We're doing a group tour of PG and SF in November.  The tour starts at PG.  I've never been to Barcelona and I'm unfamiliar with the port.  We're planning to take a taxi to PG-- can anyone give me some specific and descriptive how-to instructions on how and where to get a taxi at the port, and any other wise tips?

You will want to ask your tour provider where to meet you at Parc Guell.  I believe there are a couple different entrances.  This appears to be the website for Parc Guell and I've linked to the page with a map of the park.  You may want to write down the entrance name/location for your taxi driver.  They may not speak English very well.

https://parkguell.barcelona/en/planning-your-visit/maps-and-services

As for taxis at the port, they will be obvious when you get there.  There is a well defined line of taxis that meet the ships.  Even if the line looks long, it moves very quickly.  They pull up multiple taxis at a time for people to climb in and then dart off to their destination.  Prior to leaving the ship, I would look down at the dock area from above and locate the taxi stop.  It should be obvious.

Edited by MeHeartCruising

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/17/2023 at 4:54 PM, CynBeth6 said:

We are on the same cruise as you this summer and on the day before the ship leaves a Sunday we booked SF with Tower for when it opens at 10:30 am and booked PG for 2 pm but figured we will find somewhere to have lunch and take a taxi my DM can’t do a lot of walking.

We'll probably see you 😉  I booked SF for 10:45 and the towers at 11:30.  We'll probably head to PG, I was thinking 2 sounded like a reasonable time to finish the first location, eat and get to the second.  

33 minutes ago, gail-s said:

We'll probably see you 😉  I booked SF for 10:45 and the towers at 11:30.  Well probably head to PG, I was thinking 2 sounded like a reasonable time to finish the first location, eat and get to the second.  

That is so cool we will be in the same places at the same time barring anything unexpected. I can’t believe we can check in tomorrow. I am so lucky to be on Cruise Critic I would have had no clue that we have to do that at midnight Barcelona time which is 6 pm EST on the 17th. We want to get an early time.

• Like 1

@CynBeth6 yes!  We're staying at a great hotel but I want to get on to the ship and start enjoying the ship.  I pulled out our honeymoon album the other day and was laughing at the pictures (1999 the last time we were on Enchantment)  I can't wait.  I plan on booking the earliest time I can to check in and then just having fun.  On our 2nd cruise ever we tried to hit every bar the Explorer had on it our first day - we slept through dinner and had Johnny Rockets at like 11pm when we woke up.  😄 Thankfully you're only young and crazy once 😉  

• Haha 1

You got married in 1999? So did we! We have been on 3 cruises with Royal Radiance, Allure, and Majesty and usually like to get on and go right to the WJ for lunch and then explore the ship until the room is ready or do activities. Now that they have changed how the muster drill is done we will try to watch the video at the hotel or while waiting to board so we can go to our station and get that over with.

On 5/16/2023 at 9:24 PM, CynBeth6 said:

You got married in 1999? So did we! We have been on 3 cruises with Royal Radiance, Allure, and Majesty and usually like to get on and go right to the WJ for lunch and then explore the ship until the room is ready or do activities. Now that they have changed how the muster drill is done we will try to watch the video at the hotel or while waiting to board so we can go to our station and get that over with.

Yes, we had an amazing travel agent for our honeymoon who took care of everything.  Royal had us at a table with other couples who had all gotten married on the same day as us.  We had so much fun. We found out less than a month after our trip on the Explorer we were having mini-me, so we stopped cruising for a while.  We did a couple of NCL from Boston to Bermuda with my parents because we can drive to the port.  Shortly after our last cruise we found a boat (DH had been wanting one forever) and we decided to buy it, so that's been our cruising since 2015.  I'm excited to be taking another cruise and thrilled it's on a small boat that we've been on before.  It'll be fun.  Now if the dang check in would just open 🙃

That sounds amazing! We actually have a cruise port in Baltimore but so far none of our cruises have left from there. Maybe one day. How many kids do you have? We were not blessed with any but have our rescue dog who will be having fun in the kennel while we are gone. I know what you mean wish the check in option would appear to have it done. I am bad when it comes to technology and weird things always seem to happen whether it is in my work laptop, home laptop, iPad, or iPhone so I thought it was just me having issues.