Self-guided Sagrada Familia and Park Guell

crusin'k

Hoping someone can help...

We will be in Barcelona for 4 days before our Oct 12, 2022 cruise.  We would like to do self-guided tours for both Sagrada Familia and Park Guell, on 2 different days to allow plenty of time while avoiding over-doing it.  We were able to find a website for ordering Skip the Line tickets for Park Guell.  But the official website for Sagrada (www.sagradafamilia.org) gives me an error message before I can even get to the Pay page.  I have tried it numerous times over the past few weeks.  I contacted the website and tried all of their suggestions to no avail.  Has anyone had the same issue?  Or does anyone know another site for ordering self-guided Skip the Line tickets?

Thank you so much

4 hours ago, carlmm said:

Did you try different browsers and a total restart? 

The site seems to be accesssible in principle.

Yes, thank you.  I have done both of those several times.  Also tried different devices - my phone, Hubbie's computer, etc.  All I can figure is it must be a glitch between our house and the website (?).  Weird, I know

16 hours ago, marazul said:

I just tried it and it works fine.  I highly recommend the option with a guided tour for 30€. Make sure you first select the time for the tour and then an earlier time to get in.

I figured that.  Must be something between my "house/system" and the web site.  Thank you so much for checking it out

• 3 weeks later...

My husband and I are going to Barcelona in September.  We want to visit Sagrada Familia on a guided tour but I have a few questions about booking options:

1.  Does the official website for Sagrada (www.sagradafamilia.org) tour have the Skip the Line option?

2.  What is the advantage of booking directly with Sagrada website?

3.  Is Viator tours a reliable alternative?

Thanks, Pat

1 hour ago, acruisergirl said:

My husband and I are going to Barcelona in September.  We want to visit Sagrada Familia on a guided tour but I have a few questions about booking options:

1.  Does the official website for Sagrada (www.sagradafamilia.org) tour have the Skip the Line option?

2.  What is the advantage of booking directly with Sagrada website?

3.  Is Viator tours a reliable alternative?

Thanks, Pat

1. Yes, all tours are timed entrance tickets.  You first pick the time of the tour and then the time when you want to go in before the tour.  Show up 15 minutes before that time.  When you check the website you will see how this works out. Easy.

https://sagradafamilia.org/en/tickets-individuals

2. All guides are trained and approved by the SF.

3. There is no benefit to this and they are more expensive.

BTW - The phrase "skip the line tickets" is a marketing tool of many resellers and consolidators. You will not find this phrase in the venues' websites.  What they mean by that is one of the timed entrances you can buy on your own.  If you have a timed ticket, there will always be a short security line you cannot skip.

I would 100% agree with marazul's response above. 

As for Viator, they are not a local tour operator.  They simply resell other people's tours.  Tours all around the world.   It adds an unnecessary layer to your tour that COULD introduce problems.  Most of the time it works out fine.  But some times it may not.  I have nothing bad to say about Viator themselves.  I have purchased a tour from them in the past when I could not find a local supplier of the tour myself.  But in this situation, they really don't add any value to you.

Edited by MeHeartCruising

On 7/30/2022 at 1:22 PM, marazul said:

1. Yes, all tours are timed entrance tickets.  You first pick the time of the tour and then the time when you want to go in before the tour.  Show up 15 minutes before that time.  When you check the website you will see how this works out. Easy.

https://sagradafamilia.org/en/tickets-individuals

2. All guides are trained and approved by the SF.

3. There is no benefit to this and they are more expensive.

BTW - The phrase "skip the line tickets" is a marketing tool of many resellers and consolidators. You will not find this phrase in the venues' websites.  What they mean by that is one of the timed entrances you can buy on your own.  If you have a timed ticket, there will always be a short security line you cannot skip.

Thank you for all the good information.  I will look at their website this week and make a reservation. 😊

On 7/30/2022 at 2:06 PM, MeHeartCruising said:

I would 100% agree with marazul's response above. 

As for Viator, they are not a local tour operator.  They simply resell other people's tours.  Tours all around the world.   It adds an unnecessary layer to your tour that COULD introduce problems.  Most of the time it works out fine.  But some times it may not.  I have nothing bad to say about Viator themselves.  I have purchased a tour from them in the past when I could not find a local supplier of the tour myself.  But in this situation, they really don't add any value to you.

Thank you for the information.   I've also used Viator in the past but prefer using a local source and will go directly to the Sagrada Familia website.  We've seen the exterior of the cathedral but have not been inside, I'm excited. 😊

• Like 1

On 7/11/2022 at 4:04 PM, crusin'k said:

Hoping someone can help...

We will be in Barcelona for 4 days before our Oct 12, 2022 cruise.  We would like to do self-guided tours for both Sagrada Familia and Park Guell, on 2 different days to allow plenty of time while avoiding over-doing it.  We were able to find a website for ordering Skip the Line tickets for Park Guell.  But the official website for Sagrada (www.sagradafamilia.org) gives me an error message before I can even get to the Pay page.  I have tried it numerous times over the past few weeks.  I contacted the website and tried all of their suggestions to no avail.  Has anyone had the same issue?  Or does anyone know another site for ordering self-guided Skip the Line tickets?

Thank you so much

After reading the posts below and asking a few questions I tried today to purchase tickets.  It was easy enough to select times, the tour, and enter payment information but got the message "there was a problem in the purchase process", try again.  I did try a second time and got the same message.  Sent an email with my locator number to customer service.  If I don't get an answer I'll try a different platform or just retry.

I was wondering if you were able to secure your tickets. 

Thanks.  

59 minutes ago, acruisergirl said:

After reading the posts below and asking a few questions I tried today to purchase tickets.  It was easy enough to select times, the tour, and enter payment information but got the message "there was a problem in the purchase process", try again.  I did try a second time and got the same message.  Sent an email with my locator number to customer service.  If I don't get an answer I'll try a different platform or just retry.

I was wondering if you were able to secure your tickets. 

Thanks.  

I was finally able to secure tickets and here's how I had to do it.  Went to a neighbor's house.  I used my laptop but got into the website through neighbor's modem (although we both have the same cable/ internet company).  Also, just to be sure, she put on her credit card (of course, I paid her back)! lol.   And it all worked.  Go figure.  I have no idea.....

1 hour ago, crusin'k said:

I was finally able to secure tickets and here's how I had to do it.  Went to a neighbor's house.  I used my laptop but got into the website through neighbor's modem (although we both have the same cable/ internet company).  Also, just to be sure, she put on her credit card (of course, I paid her back)! lol.   And it all worked.  Go figure.  I have no idea.....

Thanks.  I'm going to try this over the weekend.  Now I'll need to find a neighbor willing to trust that I'll pay them back.🤣🤣

16 minutes ago, acruisergirl said:

Thanks.  I'm going to try this over the weekend.  Now I'll need to find a neighbor willing to trust that I'll pay them back.🤣🤣

Is your card AMEX?  They might prefer Visa or MC.

@cruisergirl I had the same problem in other tours that I had purchased.  Tried my Canadian visa and tried my US visa and nothing worked . . So I decided to try paypal as I have an account with them.  Tried to pay again through paypal and everything was done in less than a minute . . I wished I would’ve tried that sooner.  I had tried so many times and I had contacted tour company as well . . . . . Hope you’ll find a way that works . . 

After several failed attempts, I just wanted everyone to know that I finally secured my tickets through the Sagrada Familia website.  The simple fix, I think, was changing from a Mastercard to a Visa credit card.  Who knows if that was the solution but it worked and I'm happy.😊 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, dleahy4444 said:

Perhaps this has been asked before but i can’t find the answer. Can anyone recommend a pharmacy near Sagrada Familia for a supervised rapid antigen test? It is required prior to our transatlantic out of Barcelona. Thanks

Ask at your hotel. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

We are visiting Sagrada Familia in a couple of days,  purchased our tickets and selected the guided tour including the Tower visit.  

I have seen comments suggesting to download the Sagrada Familia Official app to get the audioguide before you go.   Could someone please explain if this is a necessary requirement if we already paid for a guided tour.  Does it provide additional history or explanation of the Cathedral?

Thanks😊

3 hours ago, acruisergirl said:

We are visiting Sagrada Familia in a couple of days,  purchased our tickets and selected the guided tour including the Tower visit.  

I have seen comments suggesting to download the Sagrada Familia Official app to get the audioguide before you go.   Could someone please explain if this is a necessary requirement if we already paid for a guided tour.  Does it provide additional history or explanation of the Cathedral?

Thanks😊

Not at all necessary, but you might want to download it and listen to it some for general background before you go. 

• 7 months later...

Now that some of you might be back 😉 has anyone done Sagrada Familia and Park Guell in one day?  Which order would you recommend doing them and how long at each location?  I was thinking SF in the morning then walking to PG, taking our time there and walking back toward our hotel on La Rambla.  

40 minutes ago, gail-s said:

Now that some of you might be back 😉 has anyone done Sagrada Familia and Park Guell in one day?  Which order would you recommend doing them and how long at each location?  I was thinking SF in the morning then walking to PG, taking our time there and walking back toward our hotel on La Rambla.  

Yes, SF first and then the rest. That's a lot of walking, but you can always catch a taxi if you get tired. They are very reasonable. 

Edited by marazul
  • Like 1

We are on the same cruise as you this summer and on the day before the ship leaves a Sunday we booked SF with Tower for when it opens at 10:30 am and booked PG for 2 pm but figured we will find somewhere to have lunch and take a taxi my DM can’t do a lot of walking.

• Like 1