Health assessment

kwbrad

There have been comments on this board about people admitting to being in contact with an infected individual, and not one of them were denied boarding when providing a negative test taken within the time frame required by the cruise line.  They were, though, required to go through a special screening with the ship medical staff.  Most reported just having the medical representative doing a visual examination.  I assume that if you are exhibiting obvious symptoms, it might be another story.

Now, admittedly, these were anecdotal stories on these boards from folks of which I don't have personal knowledge, but it does jive with Carnival's posted protocols.  But, in the end, it is up to the decision of the medical staff.

CDC still, as of today, defines contact as being within six feet of an individual for at least fifteen minutes.  Just in case your husband was sitting across a large table from this "friend" for most of their time together.

• Like 2

I don't understand why if someone asks a question,  why can't we be nice,  if you don't know the answer,  move on,  no need to leave snarky replies.  I thought this was a site to get information,  not kicked in the teeth for asking a question.   Have a great day,  be nice!

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, DQGal said:

I don't understand why if someone asks a question,  why can't we be nice,  if you don't know the answer,  move on,  no need to leave snarky replies.  I thought this was a site to get information,  not kicked in the teeth for asking a question.   Have a great day,  be nice!

This is cruise critic after all, it would not be the same without the snarky replies and comments, some people on here live for that stuff, and I'm sure it makes their day!😛😛😛

3 hours ago, mz-s said:

I am saying we are all exposed to COVID every day. It is everywhere. Unless you stay at home and arrive to the pier in a hyperbaric chamber anyway. There is absolutely no benefit to answering truthfully to that question. You're not going to get brownie points for answering truthfully. All you are doing is causing stress and additional paperwork. You may get to see the ship leave from the pier, that is always a wonderful view. Carnival asks the question because the government tells them to. It's just bureaucracy. It's not a useful public health tool.

But everyone has to make these kinds of decisions for themselves.

The OPs question was about being around someone who has tested positive.  It is not about general public exposure. So, if they have been around someone who has tested positive,  they will answer yes. That's them.

Why are you upset because someone won't lie?

• Like 2