Royal Caribbean air to sea

lionheart

Curious on perspective, royal Caribbean told me to wait until the airline cancels flight if the strike is nit resolved. They assured me over and over royal is aware and have a plan to manage if SAS strike doesn’t end soon. However they couldn’t say plan but implied They had capacity just in case.  If I wait until canceled the day before my schedule flight what happens if no flights are left? Isn’t it air to sea responsible for finding a comparable flight?

thanks 

"Comparable flight"? That is an extremely vague term. Does the replacement flight get you from your home airport to your sailing port prior to your sailing, no matter if total travel time just tripled, added 2 connections and a massive layover? If the answer is yes, then that is a comparable flight.

1 hour ago, 6rugrats said:

What if there are no available seats on a flight that will get you to your sailing on time?  I personally would not be comfortable with this "wait and see" approach.

While not 100% certain, I Am certain that RCL will find flight(s) to/from the sailing for any affected passenger.

Will they be ideal or desired? Possibly not. Will they get the passenger(s) to the port? Probably so based on the current scheduling.

The wait and see is which flights/airlines/dates/times of the replacement(s).

I recommend that the OP read their third party travel insurance policy, just in case.

bon voyage