Covid test before cruise

23 hours ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

A Friday test will not be accepted. You can go to a hospital (or any doctor's office) that has an on-site lab and get the results in an hour.

What would be the wait time be though?

11 hours ago, esper10 said:

Not sure we’re can I get tested on Saturday or Sunday and have results on time????
We are seniors and not sure how to do all these self test done. I think if it wasn’t for these test we would have cruise more. I will have to search who can do the test, we can always go to the urgent care but our insurance try to discourage that.

We just used the eMed tests this morning, and it went well--really easy. Do you happen to have a smartphone (like an iPhone)? If you do and you know how to download and use apps and the camera feature, then you can do this! Or maybe you can ask a younger neighbor to come over and help you, because you do need to be able to log into the app, reposition the phone to take photos of the test and then back to you, and then walk through a few simple steps to conduct the test. However, if you don't have a smartphone, then you are better off going to a pharmacy or elsewhere. (You could probably use a computer with video camera, but they want you to use an app, so using a computer would be more difficult than a phone.) Hospital campuses (not ER),  emergi-med, or other types of "pop-up" testing centers are still around near me, so you may also want to google "Covid testing near" and enter your zip code, and more places might come up to test than you're aware of. Good luck!

I always use CVS for antigen tests for recent cruises  just wait for results and I try and schedule early in day.  I think my insurance covered as I have not paid out of pocket.  Tried Walgreens and at the time only did PCR test which can take couple says.  My backup plan was to do walk in at emergency facility.

I would do CVS and keep checking when calendar opens to schedule test.

Best of Luck

Edited by Orange jeep
Mistake in wording

2 minutes ago, rudeney said:

@OCSC Mike said his RapidTestAndTrace proctor was a nurse and was very easy to understand.  In that case, it seems that not all proctors are alike and not just "paperwork generators".

Just to be clear, I obviously didn't ask to see her medical license, degree, etc. It was a friendly woman clearly in her home. That said, I tend to take things at face value unless given reason to suspect something more nefarious.

• Like 1

On 7/11/2022 at 7:41 PM, flamingos said:

If your cruise is on Monday, you test has to be on Saturday or Sunday.  Friday will not be accepted.

Not sure we’re can I get tested on Saturday or Sunday and have results on time????
We are seniors and not sure how to do all these self test done. I think if it wasn’t for these test we would have cruise more. I will have to search who can do the test, we can always go to the urgent care but our insurance try to discourage that.

Went today to CVS they do the test every day of the week. Answer within the hour. They take any insurance and if no insurance the government pay. So it’s easy. Thanks for all the replies and just wanted to share for others to know

• Like 1