Sold out cruise question

AIRBUSDRIVER

Just learned the August 10 Zuiderdam sailing is fully booked.  Does this mean the ship is at 100% capacity or do they restrict the number of passengers because of staffing issues (Covid) and limited to say 60 or 70 % and that's all they can sell?  Just wondering if we will be getting an upsell offer or not.

Thanks

I do believe capacity restrictions are lifted except for the reserve for quarantine cabins. My last sailing was   There are always people cancelling, it you want an upsell call a few weeks prior to your sailing.  My last sailing was 85% full 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AIRBUSDRIVER said:

Just learned the August 10 Zuiderdam sailing is fully booked.  Does this mean the ship is at 100% capacity or do they restrict the number of passengers because of staffing issues (Covid) and limited to say 60 or 70 % and that's all they can sell?  Just wondering if we will be getting an upsell offer or not.

Thanks

I have gotten upsell offers on "sold out" sailings in the past.  Last minute cancellations do happen and HAL wants to fill those higher priced cabins.  You do have to be quick however, as likely there will only be one (or a few) cabins to upsell.  One time I snatched a Neptune upsell right after I got the email notice.  The agent told me that there was only one cabin (but it was in a great location IMO).  When I was at the CC meet and greet I overheard someone complaining that they got the upsell email but when they called 10 minutes later it was gone!  If you snooze you lose they say!

4 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

The agent told me that there was only one cabin (but it was in a great

Never take that as the final word.  Last week I sent message that I would pay the price we agreed upon but not that cabin.  They said it was the only one, I said look again.  In the two minutes lapsed either one became available or there was indeed another one.  I think the former is probably true, someone cancelled while I was in conversation.  This is a rare event in my experience but it is always worth being pleasantly pushy. 😁

Just now, Mary229 said:

Never take that as the final word.  Last week I sent message that I would pay the price we agreed upon but not that cabin.  They said it was the only one, I said look again.  In the two minutes lapsed either one became available or there was indeed another one.  I think the former is probably true, someone cancelled while I was in conversation.  This is a rare event in my experience but it is always worth being pleasantly pushy. 😁

I agree!  Always ask for which cabins are open and do your homework beforehand.  About 4 weeks out I list all the "open" cabins I am interested in.