Military/First Responder $100 OBC

CATandSQUID

2 hours ago, NotLikeBelleRosen,IHope said:

If you get shareholder OBC, can you also get military/first responder OBC?

Yes.  If you book within 60 days of returning from a HAL cruise, use a Future Cruise Deposit, add a Shareholder Benefit, and this First Responder/Vet benefit, you can build a good amount of OBC for every cruise.

• Like 1

On 7/17/2022 at 4:10 PM, hmorrow said:

Just applied for my Husband- served in the Marines, and  was in Vietnam.

Thanks for sharing. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Happy to say that we got an email from HAL this morning, telling us my husband would receive the military obc.  Thanks to all who shared this tidbit of information!!!

• Like 1

I know I read on this thread that Canadian military vets qualify for the OBC.  It has now been a week and a half since sending the information and almost a week since I sent an e requesting confirmation of it and the aoBC for our Carnival Corp. shares.  I guess customer service has gone by the wayside.

Thank you for posting this.  Did not know about this benefit until I saw this thread.  I applied for our Panama Canal cruise  and we received it within 24 hours.  My husband is a Merchant Marine/Tugboat Captain on the Great Lakes and is the licensed first responder for his ship.  Every dollar makes me holler!  

4 minutes ago, renee00 said:

Does anyone know if this includes retired medical professionals or only currently working?

I sent HAL an email asking if retired law enforcement officers qualified for this benefit and their answer was it was only available to active officers.  I would think this would apply to any first responder.

2 minutes ago, bricks609 said:

I sent HAL an email asking if retired law enforcement officers qualified for this benefit and their answer was it was only available to active officers.  I would think this would apply to any first responder.

Thanks for the answer, that's too bad.

On 7/18/2022 at 11:40 AM, NotLikeBelleRosen,IHope said:

If you get shareholder OBC, can you also get military/first responder OBC?

Yes - we received both for our upcoming cruise on August 3.

Laura

On 7/12/2022 at 7:38 PM, CATandSQUID said:

I submitted this for our upcoming (31 July 22) cruise and the gave it to me. 

Military, Healthcare & First Responder Appreciation Offer | Holland America Line

Can't receive it if you don't try. 🍺

Many thanks. Wife is NP and i'm a vet 0-3 US Public Health Service. Hope we get it by 7/31 or I'll ask at check in. is it per room or person? 

8 minutes ago, JesseLivermore said:

Many thanks. Wife is NP and i'm a vet 0-3 US Public Health Service. Hope we get it by 7/31 or I'll ask at check in. is it per room or person? 

"Limit: One (1) onboard spending money credit (“Offer”) per stateroom."

• Thanks 1

On 7/18/2022 at 8:05 AM, NavyCruiser said:

I've never received any replies, after applying last week.

Called HAL & they verbally confirmed that our $325 OBC had increased $100 to $425.  

Great.  Just nowhere to confirm OBC amount, online nor app, before our cruise in 2 months...

yes the app says no promo OBC displayed. It would be nice to have something other than verbal?

I applied for my husband and he received notice that he has the $100 credit. We also had this credit on Princess but we had to submit this discharge papers.Husband is a Vietnam Era vet who served in Korea and his paperwork was done on Thermofax. Thermofax has not held up well for 50+ years and anytime he has to present his paperwork the clerk has no idea what the brittle paper is. It is rather like showing your young family members a rotary dial phone. 

Thank you n whoever originally posted this information

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ToBe said:

I applied for my husband and he received notice that he has the $100 credit. We also had this credit on Princess but we had to submit this discharge papers.Husband is a Vietnam Era vet who served in Korea and his paperwork was done on Thermofax. Thermofax has not held up well for 50+ years and anytime he has to present his paperwork the clerk has no idea what the brittle paper is. It is rather like showing your young family members a rotary dial phone. 

Thank you n whoever originally posted this information

you can go to this link (https://www.va.gov/records/get-military-service-records/)  and request a copy of your discharge - DD214, and other records. Takes a while but is a valid copy for getting benefits.

• Thanks 1

On 7/25/2022 at 6:32 PM, gigianne said:

I did not get any notification by e, I called World Reservations, had my 3 cruise #'s ready and sure enough, the OBC has been applied.  

Did you have to show any proof? I filled out it out & sent it off to HAL, waiting for an answer.

Allan 

3 hours ago, ski ww said:

Did you have to show any proof? I filled out it out & sent it off to HAL, waiting for an answer.

Allan 

When we applied, no proof was required. They only wanted to know branch of service and that we are vets. Only one OBC per stateroom even if both served. Easy-peasy!