Check in times for Wellness Checks

We are going on a 3 day cruise next week from Port Canaveral and are staying in a 2 bedroom suite. The website is saying that we have to select a time for the wellness check. Do folks in a suite still have to only arrive during they check in time. Pre-Covid suites had their own check in but I cannot find any current info on wellness times for folks in a suite at Port Canaveral.

help….

Thsnks

13 minutes ago, dphanes said:

We are going on a 3 day cruise next week from Port Canaveral and are staying in a 2 bedroom suite. The website is saying that we have to select a time for the wellness check. Do folks in a suite still have to only arrive during they check in time. Pre-Covid suites had their own check in but I cannot find any current info on wellness times for folks in a suite at Port Canaveral.

help….

Thsnks

Suites can arrive within a one hour window on either side of the time you chose for your check-in.  There will be a Suite line.    

24 minutes ago, dphanes said:

help….

Thsnks

Oh, you mean before boarding! I thought you meant there were wellness checks while cruising...lol. Lord, it must be getting late!🤣

Edited by rrraydon

8 minutes ago, dphanes said:

Is this one hour before or after any where on their website? Couldn’t find any info. 

Royal has posted it -- they started it when they returned to sailing, now that they are trying to adhere to assigned boarding times.  I was in a Crown Loft in March and it was in force at that time, I don't think it's changed.  So if you chose a 1 pm boarding time, you could come as early as noon, for example. Not all ports are strict, but I think PC has been?  

3 hours ago, dphanes said:

help….

Thsnks

Sorry...I'm still not understanding the "wellness check" are you referring to the covid test at the port for a child?

Our extended family had a GS 1 bedrm and a 2 bdrm GS on Harmony out of Port Canaveral late April. Since we all wanted to board together we had to use the separate line for those needing the test we couldn't use the suite line. 

Agree with the above one hour either way...however....No one was checking boarding times at all during our arrival.

For wellness check I am talking about at port Canaveral before you board. Not a test. When checking in you have to select a time for your “wellness check” and this is your designated time to board the ship. My question is whether people in suites can only board at that time or since they have “priority check-in” whether then can board at any time. 

3 hours ago, dphanes said:

For wellness check I am talking about at port Canaveral before you board. Not a test. When checking in you have to select a time for your “wellness check” and this is your designated time to board the ship. My question is whether people in suites can only board at that time or since they have “priority check-in” whether then can board at any time. 

People in suites are permitted to arrive and complete the boarding process one hour before or after that assigned boarding time they were given when they did the check in.  So if you were assigned a 1200 boarding time, you can check in any time between 1100 and 1300.  

I am not 100% sure about Royal Caribbean but on Celebrity there was a health questionnaire that had to be completed prior to boarding and that could be done on-line at any time the day of boarding. 

4 hours ago, dphanes said:

The arrival appointment time is not your designated time to board the ship.  It's the time you are supposed to arrive at the terminal to check-in.  The "wellness check" is the check-in clerk asking you if anything has changed with the health questions you submitted on the Royal app.  The health questionnaire opens 24 hours prior to your scheduled arrival time.  It's under "edit check-in" in the app.  So if your arrival time is 1200-1230, the health questions will open at 1200 the day before. 

Last August Royal issued an update that said people in suites and pinnacle club members could arrive one hour earlier (or later) than their scheduled arrival time.  If boarding has already commenced then yes, you check-in and proceed aboard.  If boarding hasn't started, suites will be among the first groups to board when they commence boarding.