3 cabins left? 22 cabins left? RCCL website messed up? MoveUp?

Okay...so, I'm checking on my August 5 Vision cruise (Western Med from Barcelona), trying to access the worthiness of a MoveUp bid...I figure there are just three weeks left... and I'm in an OV...but, if there are a lot of balconies open???

First, the site shows Insides and OVs as sold out...but allows you to click on Suites and Balconies.

But, trying to look at suites brings up a message that they are sold out...okay...

However, when I first clicked on baclconies (and when I've looked the last few days), it showed Deck 7 midship with "only 1 left" and aft with "only 2 left"...But, then clicking and looking at the map view and list view, it showed 23 different balcony cabins available...

Then, I went away awhile...and now it's showing 22 available...

Sould I infer that it was just screwed up and they've finally figured it out?  And, so, there really are 22 balconies still available three weeks from sailing?  If so, worth making a small bid on MoveUp?  The prices showing now are WAY higher than back when I booked.  If they didn't sell these cabins back when prices were reasonably low, what are they odds they move 22 balcony cabins in 3 weeks at really high prices?...or, might they rather squeeze an extra $300 or so out of me (Minimum bid is $100 pp)?

2 minutes ago, Bruin Steve said:

And, so, there really are 22 balconies still available three weeks from sailing?

Inventory varies all the time and Royal Up offers/bids don't depend on that. Don't try to rationalize or use common sense when it comes to cabin pricing.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just bid on what you would be happy with...Personally I would bid on every category available...You never know !! Don't try to make sense of anything on the website as far as availability....things can change quickly.

Just now, Ashland said:

Don't try to make sense of anything on the website as far as availability....things can change quickly.

This.

Also don't try to figure out the RoyalUp algorithms. You have a better chance of making a breakthrough in theoretical physics.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1