Cruise Critic Sailing Aboard Carnival Spirit 7/13 - Ask Us Your Questions

12 hours ago, kona_wahine said:

Wow, you made it farther then we did! We took the smaller boats, luckily, and got up close on our cruise. We saw lots of calving. One spectacular. 

9CC4E685-63F1-4292-9A35-B8BC472E5A61.jpeg

6370DF01-3B88-4237-8733-4D20AC696ED3.jpeg

789511EE-DFE5-4F86-AA7C-0EE4131C9189.jpeg

ABD949B0-CA89-4F56-97A5-45BDECF3A076.jpeg

Great shots! We didn't see much calving activity, but a few chunks fell off.

Thanks answering questions!  We are leaving August 4th and got an aft balcony so we could see the sights.  We have never wanted to get an aft because we felt it was probably a little rougher back there but I feel it will be worth it.  You said “bumpy” in your description.  Are the waters a lot rougher than the warm cruises?  Just wanting to prepare.  Also, are you able to see a lot of wildlife on a balcony?  We have two excursions booked so far but are hoping to see things from our balcony as well.

Thank you :)!

On 7/18/2022 at 11:49 AM, Victory Bound said:

Do you know of the locations for the self-serve laundry rooms?  We are looking at a cruise next year and are holding a cabin on Deck 5.

There are self-service laundries on decks 1, 4, 5, 6, and 7 on the Spirit.

For deck 5: "The Launderette is located across from 5270. 2-3 washers, 2 -3 dryers, 1 iron and ironing board and soap dispenser machines"

• Like 1

On 7/23/2022 at 6:55 AM, sturderick said:

Thanks answering questions!  We are leaving August 4th and got an aft balcony so we could see the sights.  We have never wanted to get an aft because we felt it was probably a little rougher back there but I feel it will be worth it.  You said “bumpy” in your description.  Are the waters a lot rougher than the warm cruises?  Just wanting to prepare.  Also, are you able to see a lot of wildlife on a balcony?  We have two excursions booked so far but are hoping to see things from our balcony as well.

Thank you :)!

It can be stormy going up the Pacific. When you depart Seattle, you swing out into the open Pacific rather than the more protected Inside Passage. On our way up, we had gale force winds and 10+ foot seas. On the way back, it was like a pond. It just depends. An aft balcony is probably fine; often the most motion is felt far forward.

• Like 1

On 7/23/2022 at 7:12 AM, shink113 said:

How was cell service onboard? I'm debating on purchasing the wifi package. Thank you!

Cell service in port was just fine, however, once you're at sea that signal will cease to exist. Also note there's no cell service in Tracy Arm Fjord.

4 hours ago, Janet&Carl said:

What are the benefits to booking your next cruise while you are onboard ?

Maybe I missed it, but I honestly didn't see any Book Onboard offers. That's not to say there aren't any; I just didn't see any. Maybe someone else here has the answer.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CruiseCriticAaron said:

Maybe I missed it, but I honestly didn't see any Book Onboard offers. That's not to say there aren't any; I just didn't see any. Maybe someone else here has the answer.

I was on that cruise also. I made a mental note that there were no future cruise offers.

• Like 2

Say HI to Big D, Mark and Viktor at the Alchemy for me!  Those guys were the best. 

Just don't get Covid, like a few of us who made new friends on the ship. We turned out positive on our return home. 

• 5 months later...