CPAP extension cord SPECIFICALLY ON JOY INSIDE 2BR SUITE (SP)

Drumstix40

We just booked an SP Inside 2br suite on the Joy. Does anyone know in the Master BR how far the nearest outlet is to plug in a CPAP?

i want to make sure I purchase an extension cord long enough.  Also does NCL supply the Distilled water?

Thanks…

• Like 1

Maybe covered in one of the many tour videos on YouTube?

Here's one - 

Right in the first few frames of the video I see what appears to be the standard-fare electrical "box" right next to the phone directly next to the bed.  Confirmed later in the video.

Edited by hallux
  • Like 1

As to the distilled water, they usually do, but I have seen posts where there has been a shortage.  I purchased this to use for travelling and from what I have read, since they are sealed bottles I should have no problem bringing one or two on board.  We will be doing a b2b, that is why I will take 2.

amazon.com/gp/product/B07PLM98Y7

Hope the link works.  But if not, this is the name of them:  Resway Distilled Water | Travel Bottles for Resmed, Respironics Machines, Personal Humidifier | Medical Supplies for Vacation | Travel-Friendly, Clean | 16.9oz H2O (12 Pack)

• Like 1

Bring a 10 or 12 ft. extension cord as it will be long enough to reach to the closer bedside night stand. Have a power tap to provide outlets to other devices and/or a 220v to 110v outlet adapter to make good use of dual voltage devices in the MBR. 

If you need more details, please refer to the May review from our Joy sailing.

PXL_20220508_182012960.jpg

PXL_20220508_191727379.MP.jpg

PXL_20220508_200021625.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Drumstix40 said:

We just booked an SP Inside 2br suite on the Joy. Does anyone know in the Master BR how far the nearest outlet is to plug in a CPAP?

i want to make sure I purchase an extension cord long enough.  Also does NCL supply the Distilled water?

Thanks…

NCL will provide distilled water. Contact the NCL access desk. Most time you will still need to talk to your butler. 

https://www.ncl.com/about/accessible-cruising

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Drumstix40 said:

I'm told to always bring a 6' cord with no surge protector.  

Fill a special needs form stating that you have a CPAP and need distilled water.  Your room steward (or Haven butler) will ensure it's there.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DrSea said:

since you're in the haven

No they aren't.  The SP rooms are Family Inside Suites that are NOT part of The Haven, they're the former Concierge Family Inside Suite rooms.  Those rooms are in the space that is occupied by the Studio cabins and lounge on the Bliss and Encore.

3 hours ago, DrSea said:

I thought NCL will bring an extension cord

I thought they would also.  It can't hurt to come prepared in case they don't.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, quillwercruisers said:

As to the distilled water, they usually do, but I have seen posts where there has been a shortage.  I purchased this to use for travelling and from what I have read, since they are sealed bottles I should have no problem bringing one or two on board.  We will be doing a b2b, that is why I will take 2.

How can you be certain you’ll be allowed to bring those bottles on board, regardless of what they say on them?  Have you asked NCL special needs? I’d be much more comfortable getting an okay in writing in advance. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hallux said:

No they aren't.  The SP rooms are Family Inside Suites that are NOT part of The Haven, they're the former Concierge Family Inside Suite rooms.  Those rooms are in the space that is occupied by the Studio cabins and lounge on the Bliss and Encore.

I thought they would also.  It can't hurt to come prepared in case they don't.

my bad. I thought I read that they were in the Haven. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, DrSea said:

I am starting to get all of my lines mixed up, but I thought NCL will bring an extension cord to any pax for cpaps/bipaps.

They don't guarantee that.  They do have a supply on hand but I suppose if they had a lot of demand they could run out.  That's why they advise that you bring your own.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, phillygwm said:

They don't guarantee that.  They do have a supply on hand but I suppose if they had a lot of demand they could run out.  That's why they advise that you bring your own.

Another benefit of the Haven. They will for sure unplug something to get you that extension cord. 😉

Edited by DrSea

• 3 weeks later...

We are sailing in a Haven category on Sept. 6th.  Had multiple conversations with dedicated Concierge for Haven/Suite guests.  Yes, they will supply distilled water for CPAP machines. You just need to ask.  They do have extension cords. You need to request, but advised that they could run short.  Suggested that I bring a six foot non-surge extension cord.  We have one from a previous trip which also doubles as a charger with USB ports and extra outlets.  Purchased on AMAZON.