1st time on Princess - embarkation on Ruby SF - Alaska 7/19/22 advice needed

zentraveler

@HeyJut, a couple of ideas.

Check the size of paper the print file is calling for. It may be legal size where you are printing on letter size (8.5x11). Sorry can't remember the exact measurements for legal.

If this is the case re-size the paper on the printer pop up or app to letter size, if that is the size of paper you are using to print.

Of course if you have legal at home just switch to that.

This will probably show your print is going to overflow to 2 pages like you have happening now. to solve this you should be able to set your print pop up or app to 'shrink to fit'. That should condense your luggage tags to one page.

Anything more complex and I'm afraid I'm out of ideas.

@zentraveler, glad you are enjoying your cruise.

As your ArriveCAN is digital and linked to your passport number (or alternate ID?) there doesn't need to be a visual check of it for Canadian gov purposes, though both the ship and the Can gov may choose to just to make sure you have it with you when boarding. 

Cheers, h.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

This is off the mark just a bit but can you tell me if Aileen and Sticks are performing on the Ruby? If they are, would you be so kinds as to ask how long they will be onboard?  Thanks in advance!  

I called guest services and she could not find anyone with those names. As I am on the ship this next week I will try to see if there is some director of programing that I can ask!

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, zentraveler said:

I called guest services and she could not find anyone with those names. As I am on the ship this next week I will try to see if there is some director of programing that I can ask!

I can't thank you enough.  They are a fabulous duet.  We are back onboard and would love to see them if they are on the Ruby. 

2 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

I can't thank you enough.  They are a fabulous duet.  We are back onboard and would love to see them if they are on the Ruby. 

the first two days of patters for this cruise are posted here. I didn’t see them listed. 

Edited by HaveDogWillTravel
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

This is off the mark just a bit but can you tell me if Aileen and Sticks are performing on the Ruby? If they are, would you be so kinds as to ask how long they will be onboard?  Thanks in advance!  

I saw them on the Discovery in April.  They did a performance in the Vista Lounge doing the songs of Laurel Canyon.  It was wonderful.  It was also the first time they got to play in a lounge and had a great crowd.  Hopefully they will do so again.  

On 7/22/2022 at 2:22 PM, Cruise Raider said:

They were listed as performers on my medallion app for the July 9th sailing and I was really looking forward to seeing them.  For whatever reason, they never performed, so I assume they were not even onboard.  Supersonics were also listed, but they never performed either.  

49 minutes ago, LreedCA said:

They were listed as performers on my medallion app for the July 9th sailing and I was really looking forward to seeing them.  For whatever reason, they never performed, so I assume they were not even onboard.  Supersonics were also listed, but they never performed either.  

I just heard back from Aileen and they are now in Ireland and will return back on the Diamond Princess in Sept.  

Thank you for your answer, though.  

We were on a couple of cruises where several band members were in quarantine, and one where the production cast was also in isolation due to exposure to CoVid.  Their performances were filled in by those that were healthy.  Post CoVid cruising must be a bit of a challenge for the entertainment directors.  

• Thanks 2

21 hours ago, suekel said:

I saw them on the Discovery in April.  They did a performance in the Vista Lounge doing the songs of Laurel Canyon.  It was wonderful.  It was also the first time they got to play in a lounge and had a great crowd.  Hopefully they will do so again.  

We did, too.  They are so extremely talented and just all around nice people.  

They are at home in Ireland right now and will be joining the Diamond Princess when she returns to service in September and stay on until late January.  

On 7/22/2022 at 3:08 PM, zentraveler said:

Half way there. I found the name of the Entertainment Director and guest services says if I go to the desk they will call her for me so will let you know!

On 7/23/2022 at 5:52 PM, Cruise Raider said:

I just heard back from Aileen and they are now in Ireland and will return back on the Diamond Princess in Sept.  

Thank you for your answer, though.  

We were on a couple of cruises where several band members were in quarantine, and one where the production cast was also in isolation due to exposure to CoVid.  Their performances were filled in by those that were healthy.  Post CoVid cruising must be a bit of a challenge for the entertainment directors.  

Just saw this so happy you got the information. For the future, Bernie Fuentes is the entertainment director. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/22/2022 at 3:45 PM, middlehaitch said:

@HeyJut, a couple of ideas.

Check the size of paper the print file is calling for. It may be legal size where you are printing on letter size (8.5x11). Sorry can't remember the exact measurements for legal.

If this is the case re-size the paper on the printer pop up or app to letter size, if that is the size of paper you are using to print.

Of course if you have legal at home just switch to that.

This will probably show your print is going to overflow to 2 pages like you have happening now. to solve this you should be able to set your print pop up or app to 'shrink to fit'. That should condense your luggage tags to one page.

Anything more complex and I'm afraid I'm out of ideas.

@zentraveler

Thank you so much for responding and helping me with this. The legal size paper worked great. Thanks again

• Like 1

6 hours ago, zentraveler said:

Just saw this so happy you got the information. For the future, Bernie Fuentes is the entertainment director. 

I may just have to book a cruise on the Diamond Princess before the end of January.  

Someone asked me about line dancing on this cruise and now I can't find it! To answer in case the poster finds this, the dance floor was full with people 18" - 2 ft apart and about 20-25% were masked.