Pre Cruise Hotel Recommendation, Miami

huntr104

Hi all.  My wife and I are looking for Hotel or Resort recommendations in Miami for 2 nights before our cruise on Freedom OTS in October.  I have no experience with the area.  Thanks

We recently stayed at the Marriott Biscayne Bay on North Bayshore Dr.  It was a quick taxi ride from the Miami Airport (~$20).  We took an Uber to Port of Miami (~$20+).

Tip: Ensure you know which terminal your ship has docked at  (check cruisemapper.com or Google).  On our Jewel TA some cruisers got dropped off at the wrong terminal and didn't pay attention to the ship til after their taxi left!  Another couple actually checked their bags in with the porter, tipped him and then realized they were at the wrong ship. It took almost two hours to retrieve their luggage back and get a taxi to the correct terminal!

Edited by long4acruise
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

Hampton Inn Brickell Village.  Lots of restaurants and shops in the area.  Easy to Walk around.

Intercontinental across from BayState Place  Very close to cruise port. Short taxi ride.

I did check these 2 out.  Hampton Inn Brickell is definitely an option.  The Intercontinental wanted more for 2 nights than I paid for my cruise. lol

2 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

Hampton Inn Brickell Village.  Lots of restaurants and shops in the area.  Easy to Walk around.

Intercontinental across from BayState Place  Very close to cruise port. Short taxi ride.

We're booked there for our cruise this fall.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, long4acruise said:

We recently stayed at the Marriott Biscayne Bay on North Bayshore Dr.  It was a quick taxi ride from the Miami Airport (~$20).  We took an Uber to Port of Miami (~$20+).

Tip: Ensure you know which terminal your ship has docked at  (check cruisemapper.com or Google).  On our Jewel TA some cruisers got dropped off at the wrong terminal and didn't pay attention to the ship til after their taxi left!  Another couple actually checked their bags in with the porter, tipped him and then realized they were at the wrong ship. It took almost two hours to retrieve their luggage back and get a taxi to the correct terminal!

Thanks I'll check it out.  I feel bad for those people, luckily the luggage and couple made it on the right ship.

24 minutes ago, huntr104 said:

I did check these 2 out.  Hampton Inn Brickell is definitely an option.  The Intercontinental wanted more for 2 nights than I paid for my cruise. lol

Courtyard Marriott/Brickell is a recommendation I've seen pop up a lot. The W South Beach is nice, but similarly priced to the Intercontinental. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, huntr104 said:

Last October we stayed here and it was a great choice. When we were supposed to fly out on Saturday our flight was canceled and we were not able to fly out until Monday.   So we stayed here again. If you like fish tacos try Coyo Taco. It's a half block across from the hotel. Also research the Metromover.  It's a great way to get around Miami for free.  We took it to Bayside which is a nice place to visit.  Live outdoor music, lots of shopping and a beautiful park like area.  After enjoying the experience we look at opportunities to go back.  Enjoy your cruise. 

1 hour ago, Cigar King said:

We're staying at the Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay.  We have stayed there before, and it was nice.  First time back since Covid so I hope it still is.

We always stay at that doubletree also , loads of restaurants in small mall that shares its lobby , some had live music. We have it booked for March cruise, 

love that you can see the ship from some of the balconies. My niece stayed there last week because of my recommendation.

On 7/15/2022 at 9:07 AM, long4acruise said:

We recently stayed at the Marriott Biscayne Bay on North Bayshore Dr.  It was a quick taxi ride from the Miami Airport (~$20).  We took an Uber to Port of Miami (~$20+)

Be careful with the Marriott Biscayne Bay.  They are under renovation, lots of things closed inaccessable through the end of the year.  Their web site warns you when you book.

• Thanks 1