Question for Recent Enchantment Cruisers

1 hour ago, meadowlander said:

Glad to see you confirming what I originally wrote concerning how small the food service area is in Enchantment's diamond lounge.

Did your ego need that? It's smaller because the ship is smaller.  You act like it should be the same size as Oasis class.

1 hour ago, BND said:

Did your ego need that? It's smaller because the ship is smaller.  You act like it should be the same size as Oasis class.

Because you agreed with my observation, you are offended?  I don't get it but whatever. My original contribution was to give info to the op as he asked, you felt a need to correct what I wrote and then you later agreed with it. If you want to argue, it wont be with me. I am trying to help not nit pick, as too many on these boards do.

Did you happen to observe lines for My Time Dining?  Early seating was not available when we booked so we did My Time.  Will try to change when we board if My Time is a disaster on this ship as it is on others.

Thanks!

We came off of Enchantment a week ago after a 9 night Bermuda trip.  We have only sailed small ships on Royal, and this was our first cruise since the Covid shut down.  In the Windjammer, we found food at breakfast to be varied and plentiful; lunch had solid choices but it did get very busy. We ate all of our evening meals in the main dining room and thoroughly enjoyed the food and had fabulous wait staff.  This was a very personable cruise...members of the crew made concerted efforts to connect with  passengers in really positive ways, at least that was out experience. 

My Time Dining from what I observed had long lines. I avoided that option based on reports on here and that was the right call. We had the late seating (8 pm), but that has always worked well for our family on a cruise.  We like to enjoy full beach days without worries of missing dinner, so late works for us.  We would simply grab a snack late afternoon to bide our time until dinner. Note, you have 2 options for that after 3:30...the Cafe in the Solarium and in an extra section of the Windjammer (opposite side from the popular ice cream station). They put out a nice assortment of food upon the conclusion of lunch.

Another plus of late dining, we never looked for a late night snack! I hope you enjoy your travels on Enchantment!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Crazy4Cruisin225 said:

Just off Enchantment a few days ago. Cafe Latte-tudes opened at 6am each day. Late night snacks were in the Park Cafe in the Solarium and it closed at 12:30 each night. This was on the Bermuda 5 night. May be different with a different itinerary. 

Wow!  Thank you for this!  I will head to Cafe Latte-tudes when I wake up!  I’ll check when I board.  

Can you tell me what late night snacks they had in the Park Cafe?  

4 hours ago, mcmarya said:

Did you happen to observe lines for My Time Dining?  Early seating was not available when we booked so we did My Time.  Will try to change when we board if My Time is a disaster on this ship as it is on others.

Thanks!

We had MTD but we made reservations before boarding. We ended up at the same table with the same waiters. It was just like traditional dining, but we ate when we wanted.

On 7/16/2022 at 9:51 PM, slyster said:

Wow!  Thank you for this!  I will head to Cafe Latte-tudes when I wake up!  I’ll check when I board.  

Can you tell me what late night snacks they had in the Park Cafe?  

They had the Roast beef sandwich, pizza, some cookies and some cakes. 

I was on the Enchantment June 24 6 nt Bermuda. The service was good but they were short staffed ESPECIALLY in the bars. One bartender and one waiter for a crowded bar. 

MTD always had a line, even w reservations we waited every night. Not long but it was a bottleneck. 

Enchantment was nice, but not the same level of product or quality as on the bigger ships. And I’m not talking about entertainment options or all the crazy extras. The food and service was just better on the Allure two weeks after my enchantment cruise. 

8 hours ago, Steppy08 said:

I was on the Enchantment June 24 6 nt Bermuda. The service was good but they were short staffed ESPECIALLY in the bars. One bartender and one waiter for a crowded bar. 

MTD always had a line, even w reservations we waited every night. Not long but it was a bottleneck. 

I had a similar experience on my recent Celebrity cruise. Will be on Enchantment in September.

37 minutes ago, superduper123 said:

I had a similar experience on my recent Celebrity cruise. Will be on Enchantment in September.

We leave on a Celebrity cruise tomorrow, and the Enchantment end of September after a long 10 year RCI hiatus.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
6 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

Jayson was in Diamond Lounge when we were aboard in February, and in Concierge Lounge during our June cruise.  I don't recall if he said what his future schedule would be.  We would love to see him again!

Thanks for the reply.  We were on board in February also, and thought he did an excellent job.  Hoping he'll be there for our October cruise.

11 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

Jayson was in Diamond Lounge when we were aboard in February, and in Concierge Lounge during our June cruise.  I don't recall if he said what his future schedule would be.  We would love to see him again!

Jayson was the Concierge for our 9N Bermuda sailing on July 28th.  He left for vacation the same day we disembarked on Aug 6th. I believe he said he'd be away for two months.