Thanksgiving capacity prior to covid?

DrSea

Just wondering what the capacity was during Thanksgiving prior to COVID? Last year, I was on a Thanksgiving cruise and the ship was around 50% capacity. This was during COVID though. I am planning on booking a cruise this year and suspect levels may go back to pre COVID capacity presuming the economy doesn't crash and we aren't in another war with another dictator. Thanks

I would expect these cruises to be at or near capacity.

Carnival is aggressively pricing its fall cruises, but cruises over Thanksgiving are an exception - that's especially true for the few special itineraries timed for Thanksgiving.  But Carnival did aggressively price its holiday (including Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's) cruises during wave season: we booked interior three rooms on the Miracle for about $550 each (two people per room).  Given the pricing trends, I'd bet Carnival booked sufficient rooms over wave season and is seeing strong enough demand that it doesn't have to discount rooms further.

• Like 3

I'm booked on for a thanksgiving cruise right now and as I've continued to browse the available rooms they seem to have been filling up pretty steadily. On the Glory November 19th.

• Like 2

My DH and I have a room booked and my 2 DDs have a room booked over Tday on Elation out of Jacksonville.  In the past our family has cruised on numerous Tday cruises (days off from school being a big factor) and found it to be busy but not crazy.  After Restart, my DDs and I did a Memorial Day weekend cruise on Ecstasy out of Mobile and it was BUSY!  I'm thinking this Tday cruise will be BUSY as well.

Have a great cruise!!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DrSea said:

Just wondering what the capacity was during Thanksgiving prior to COVID? Last year, I was on a Thanksgiving cruise and the ship was around 50% capacity. This was during COVID though. I am planning on booking a cruise this year and suspect levels may go back to pre COVID capacity presuming the economy doesn't crash and we aren't in another war with another dictator. Thanks

We did several Thanksgiving cruises PRE, they were always packed. 

• Like 1