Dining Reservations and no Specialty Dining Pacakge

PATRLR

For my upcoming cruise, I do not have the free at sea perks, I have not yet purchased a dining package (although I intend to).  I made my reservations last night and the mail I got is shown below.  Its probably nothing, but if there is one thing I've learned here on CC it is to not make assumptions or take anything for granted.  So, should I be concerned that one of those says "a la cart" and one does not?  My intention is to have an SDP before we board, just haven't purchased it yet.

image.thumb.png.3058ae865903be559594a902a4ec23d2.png

image.png

33 minutes ago, purplecow15 said:

Were you not offered the free at sea dining package? Haven’t seen any cruise without that offer lately is why I’m asking.

if you book a sail away cabin, they do not have the free at sea perks

That's fine. Once you buy the package, when you go to the restaurants they will see you have the package.

For Cagneys, you can get one app, one soup/salad (or two if no app), one entree, two sides, and one dessert per person.

56 minutes ago, purplecow15 said:

Were you not offered the free at sea dining package? Haven’t seen any cruise without that offer lately is why I’m asking.

Our category (BB) did not include the perks.  After adding in the cost of a handful of drinks, the dining package, etc, we saved about $600

21 minutes ago, shof515 said:

if you book a sail away cabin, they do not have the free at sea perks

Actually, our fair was not a Sail Away.  But, until I saw this one, I'd never seen one without perks that wasn't Sail Away.

14 minutes ago, PATRLR said:

Our category (BB) did not include the perks.  After adding in the cost of a handful of drinks, the dining package, etc, we saved about $600

Actually, our fair was not a Sail Away.  But, until I saw this one, I'd never seen one without perks that wasn't Sail Away.

Oh ok that makes sense. 😊

25 minutes ago, PATRLR said:

Just curious...what cruise are you taking? We've done several cruises now and have always had category BB cabins & they've always had all the FAS perks offered.

18 minutes ago, 2 Fun Guys said:

Just curious...what cruise are you taking? We've done several cruises now and have always had category BB cabins & they've always had all the FAS perks offered.

Nov 13 Encore

20 minutes ago, 2 Fun Guys said:

To be honest, I was surprised at how cheap this was (pretty much same as Sail Away) but we got to choose our cabin.  I'm kinda hoping that NCL realizes there was a glitch and they fix it by giving me all the perks ;).  Yeah, I know, no chance of that happening, but, I can hope can't I?

• Like 1

On 7/16/2022 at 12:36 PM, PATRLR said:

To be honest, I was surprised at how cheap this was (pretty much same as Sail Away) but we got to choose our cabin.  I'm kinda hoping that NCL realizes there was a glitch and they fix it by giving me all the perks ;).  Yeah, I know, no chance of that happening, but, I can hope can't I?

I just did a mock booking, and it comes up with all 4 FAS offers included. (You'd have to uncheck all the boxes by hand to make them go away.) I would definitely follow up on it ASAP. Good luck!

PS: We LOVED the Encore! Enjoy!

On 7/16/2022 at 5:45 PM, PATRLR said:

There is nothing free about it.  You are charged $20 per day per person for gratuities, but you also pay extra for your room (they increase your rate).  We booked  a 10 day cruise, it was going to cost us $400 In gratuities and also $400 extra for our room.  I don't think I we will drink $800 worth of alcohol in 10 days.