What about smoothies?

MarkWiltonM

We are taking our first Oceania cruise, on Sirena, in November, and are wondering about smoothies. Do they have these? Do they serve them in the dining room at breakfast? Are they an extra charge? Is there a menu?

Edited by MarkWiltonM

16 minutes ago, MarkWiltonM said:

We are taking our first Oceania cruise, on Sirena, in November, and are wondering about smoothies. Do they have these? Do they serve them in the dining room at breakfast? Are they an extra charge? Is there a menu?

I know they have them at WAVES for breakfast 

No charge for non alcoholic beverages

Sample  menu for GDR

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/Documents/Menus/81604382387/Grand-Dining-Breakfast-Menu.pdf

• Thanks 1

I was disappointed that they don't use Fruit to make the smoothies all they use is a liquid,     strawberry ,banana. I just got off the cruise ship yesterday From Alaska.  I tested myself for  COVID-19 and tested  Positive.  I had a good cruise Just throwing out that information. I have several cruises on Oceania 

46 minutes ago, suenavy said:

I was disappointed that they don't use Fruit to make the smoothies all they use is a liquid,     strawberry ,banana.

Did you ask if they would just make it with the fresh fruit ?

I a sure they used to do that

The Preismans  Blog is always a great source. He has done an amazing job chronicling their trips. We were fortunate to be able to share dinner with them in Polo about 5 years ago. 
Smoothies, Sue navy, did you try to go through the buffet line and get some fruit and then take the fruit to Waves and have them add the fruit to your concoction?

We had people traveling with us who brought some powders and such to be added to their smoothies and they had no problems.

Positive, 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

We had a friend on Regatta last month test positive and was quarantined for 5 days. They took ALL precautions, even masks on board everywhere but STUFF HAPPENS! He did not so he was moved to another stateroom on another deck. Luckily he never did test positive. They both  tested negative at Debarkation so flew home and are well.  

The moral of the story for Smoothies, or anything else, just ask, they will bend over backwards to meet your needs.

Ciao, Mauibabes 

2 minutes ago, mauibabes said:

Smoothies, Sue navy, did you try to go through the buffet line and get some fruit and then take the fruit to Waves and have them add the fruit to your concoction?

They usually have fresh fruit  in Waves at the smoothie station as well as the buffet part

No need to wander around gathering the the ingredients 😉

Just ask 

You are correct I could have done that I just didn't even think about at the time period the only cruise line that I've ever been on is on is this cruise line and they used to serve With all the fresh fruit there Where you get the smoothies. It really wasn't that big a deal.. I love this cruise line and will never go on any other one

• Like 1

Loved my morning Sun Salutation smoothie every morning at the Waves, sitting at table 7 or 10, along the starboard railing. Just a great way to start the day. Did it every morning except one (room service pre-tendering to an excursion) on our 10-day W. Caribbean cruise on Riviera in 12/13-23/21.

9 minutes ago, CruisingIGo said:

Do the small R ships have the morning fruit smoothies….. or does only Marina and Riviera offer these?

all ships  well at least they were on Regatta 

21 minutes ago, CruisingIGo said:

Do the small R ships have the morning fruit smoothies….. or does only Marina and Riviera offer these?

21 minutes ago, CruisingIGo said:

I was told only on the larger ships. On Insignia, right now and was told the only energy drinks are through your butler or in the main dining room.

16 minutes ago, roberts2005 said:

I was told only on the larger ships. On Insignia, right now and was told the only energy drinks are through your butler or in the main dining room.

Weird...Insignia's food service seems to not be in line with O marketing blurbs. On another thread it was pointed out that hot breakfast for room service is not available below A-category like it is supposed to be now (but on Regatta it is available).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roberts2005 said:

If you are onboard   can you walk by WAVES  sometime & see if they have them on the menu board  where the Ice  cream/milkshake are served ?

Thanks

Interesting that  O says things are available on all ships but pax report otherwise

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

If you are onboard   can you walk by WAVES  sometime & see if they have them on the menu board  where the Ice  cream/milkshake are served ?

Thanks

Interesting that  O says things are available on all ships but pax report otherwise

I agree - we have sailed on the R ships and gotten smoothies from WAVES ice cream/milkshake/smoothie area for breakfast.  Love to grab one of those on my way to breakfast out on Terrace.  

5 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Thanks

I’ll take a picture in the morning.  But as I saw, only the all day version.  There was only one person managing the stand.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, basor said:

I agree - we have sailed on the R ships and gotten smoothies from WAVES ice cream/milkshake/smoothie area for breakfast.  Love to grab one of those on my way to breakfast out on Terrace.  

They will make the lunchtime smoothies but none of the breakfast types

41 minutes ago, roberts2005 said:

They will make the lunchtime smoothies but none of the breakfast types

So they do make smoothies in the AM just not special breakfast types?  I usually am just looking for a fruit smoothie so did not pay attention if they had the breakfast types.....good to know

2 hours ago, roberts2005 said:

Photo is from Waves on Insignia

Thanks

They  used to have a sign on the counter  with the breakfast smoothie  listed

I guess  they do not do that anymore

Just now, LHT28 said:

Thanks

They  used to have a sign on the counter  with the breakfast smoothie  listed

I guess  they do not do that anymore

No such availability.  My wife arranged for a green drink, daily, from the main dining room

• Thanks 1

On 7/17/2022 at 2:44 PM, roberts2005 said:

We were on your cruise on Insignia and my husband got smoothies from Waves.