Enchantment dining...

This will be our first cruise since Covid, and my parents are traveling with us.  I was wondering if anyone has had any observations regarding dining on the Enchantment...i.e...where can we eat where we are not crowded amongst other people.  I understand that there are always going to be tables near you (and that's  fine), but I wondered if there are some dining areas that are better than others.  I'd like my parents to feel as comfortable as possible.  Thank you. 

There's only 3 free options on Enchantment ... MDR, Windjammer, Park Cafe.

Other option is Chops (cover charge) or room service ($7.95/order, unless you're in a suite).

MDR & Windjammer will most likely be crowded*, Park Cafe less so.  Maybe grab some food at Windjammer and eat outside?

* MDR more crowded at dinner, less at lunch.  WJ more crowded at lunch, maybe less?? at dinner (I never eat in WJ at dinner).

Edited by Another_Critic
  • Like 1

Email rcldining@rccl.com when are within 30 days or less of your sailing.   Ask for a table for 4 that is not right ontop of another table.

I have done this on several cruises this year and each time we were very happy with location of our table.

When you board go to Mdr and ask to see your assigned table.  If unhappy ask to relocate.  Best to do this early in the day, don't wait until dinner time.

• Like 1

We've sailed on Enchantment twice this year.  There are two of us.  We choose second seating, traditional dining.  Both times, we've been assigned to an 8-top round table.  One time, we had one additional diner.  The other time, we had two.  Neither time did we feel like any other tables were too close.

Are you comfortable booking traditional dining?  At least then you would know that your table will be consistent every night, including the proximity of other tables.

The only crowding I've read about pertained to 2-tops, so with four of you, you won't have that issue.

I assume that if you are booked as two twosomes, you have linked your reservations so you will be seated together.

• Like 1

We sailed in Jan of this year during the height of the Omnicron variant.  Being from Canada we also at the time needed a PCR to return home so we were quite concerned.  We had my time and on our first night visited the maitre d and asked for a 2 top that was somewhat distanced if possible.  It took a little bit of time to arrange the first night but we had the same table each night and we felt incredibly safe and spaced from others.  Now I will say we were NOWHERE near capacity so that went a long way.  This might prove a little tougher now.  I might suggest the later seating of traditional would be easier to swing something like this.

• Like 1

I would second the suggestion to eat late main dining seating.  We disembarked 8 days ago from Enchantment. We were on a 9 night cruise to Bermuda that was supposed "full" or 90% capacity. We had a group of 6 which included my 73 year old mother, so we asked for a table away from others.  It was accomplished and felt comfortable in the main dining room with these arrangements. She avoided the Windjammer, and we took food to her stateroom or out to the pool deck to eat.

The Centrum can be a great airy hang out spot on various decks and able to keep a distance and still feel part of many activities. Another great spot during the day for lack of crowds is the Viking lounge.  We  would hang out in there and it was super comfy and pretty much empty. More crowded spaces she masked and many congested elevators we passed on (she cannot do lots of stairs).

• Like 3