Hawaiian Shirts for Chic Nights

10 minutes ago, karmamule said:

As someone who loves SF and is going on a Halloween season cruise I ordered this shirt. (Not too often you see a black cat combined with a rocket 😁)

future cruise shirt.png

Definitely, er, retro.  Did you spend some extra time watching the Jetsons as a kid???

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, canderson said:

Definitely, er, retro.  Did you spend some extra time watching the Jetsons as a kid???

Hey, I have the first (and only...I don''t count the episodes in the 80s...) season on DVD!! 

Have not seen the movie...

• Like 1

Just curious we are heading to Europe in about a month, do people dress a little more formal on those cruises. We are going to be on the Apex B2B . Will have plenty of Hawaiian shirts and pants , just curious should I pack a Jacket 🤔🤔

18 minutes ago, frito58 said:

Just curious we are heading to Europe in about a month, do people dress a little more formal on those cruises. We are going to be on the Apex B2B . Will have plenty of Hawaiian shirts and pants , just curious should I pack a Jacket 🤔🤔

The dinner dress code is the same across the entire Celebrity fleet regardless of itinerary with the exception of Galapagos cruises. If a jacket would make you comfortable, bring it. If not, don't.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, sasset said:

I love Hawaiian shirts, probably have about 30. When I go to Europe I don’t pack my Hawaiian shirts, a baseball hat or white court shoes.

Well I don’t go anywhere without my Ohio State hats …just sayin lol. But I can adjust on some other stuff. Thanks. 

3 minutes ago, RichYak said:

The dinner dress code is the same across the entire Celebrity fleet regardless of itinerary with the exception of Galapagos cruises. If a jacket would make you comfortable, bring it. If not, don't.

Well that’s good to know we have a Galapagos booked in 24 . Will probably adjust a tad a take some extra clothes. Flying first class and have a Retreat room so plenty space and luggage allowed. Thanks. 

1 minute ago, frito58 said:

Well I don’t go anywhere without my Ohio State hats …just sayin lol. But I can adjust on some other stuff. Thanks. 

You're safe...most Europeans won't know that phrase about the Bucks 🤣😂🤣

13 hours ago, southernbreezes said:

I stopped wearing a Tux years ago. Stopped wearing ties also. I really did not know they even sold those 80's Hawaiian shirts anymore maybe buy on line? When you get older and get out of shape with a beer gut it seems the untucked shirt is the way to go I get it. There is lots of dress shirts you do not have to tuck in that are Chic. I am not saying wear a suite and tie. My wife loves to dress nice and she is the best or one of the best dressed women on the ship. appearance is important to us, but that's us . Celebrity is perfect for me but I do not want it to turn into a Carnival Cruise line.

I am with you. 

1 hour ago, frito58 said:

We did 2 cruises last month from Italy, one with Celebrity on the Reflection and the other on the HAL Oosterdam. I wore my Tommy Bahama silk and silk blend Hawaiian shirts for dressy nights on both cruises along with my lightweight golf pants. I also did not wear them tucked in as those type of shirts are designed to be worn untucked. It was very hot in Italy and Greece and I was much more comfortable in my Hawaiin shirts. I never felt underdressed and there were more men in suits than I saw last year on the Equinox in the Caribbean. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Peteymil said:

But this post isn't about those items of clothing. Clearly the rules say no to all three. 
the Op is simply asking about Hawaiian shirts, which are perfectly acceptable. 
We can't start judging people's style of dress if they are respecting the rules. That's ludicrous. 

Of course we can judge people’s clothes!  This is Cruise Critic, not Cruise They Followed The Rules So We Can’t Say Anything.  🙄

Edited by zitsky
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, DCPIV said:

It's funny to see how folks act when they draw lines.  On one side of their line, everyone is stuffy or snobby or judgmental.  On the other side, everyone is sloppy or lazy or disrespectful.

Oh Noooooo, I’m judgmental, snobby and stuffy And sloppy, lazy along with being disrespectful!!!!

One evening I wear slacks, a sports jacket and bow tie, and the next night I wear a Hawaiian Shirt….Oh Noooooo.

den

• Haha 4