Dropping bags 🧳

CruiserByHeart

Yup, right, another boarding day timing question... I know this has been asked and answered before. but I can't find recent info - so, what's your latest experience?

We got a boarding time of 11.30 and are super thrilled to get on board and to explore the ship. But, are there any chance we might drop our carry-on in our room before the rooms are formally released?

We'll be joining the Celebrity Reflection in Civitavecchia in less than 4 weeks if this will make a difference - and we're Select cruising in Aqua Class this time 😉

Yes you can drop your carry-on bags in the room and pick up your keys and then go out exploring the ship or having lunch. The room may not be completely cleaned on your arrival but you can set your carry-on bags inside and the steward will work around them 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Since the resumption of cruising they have rolled out the ability to drop your bags upon boarding.   You board using your bar coded Express Pass and your SeaPass will be in the Mail Slot.   They ask you to just drop your bags as many rooms aren't completed with housekeeping.

We also put our Valuables and wallets  in the Safe. 

• Like 4

We had 11:30 on our Solstice Alaska cruise. Got there at 1115ish and there were no lines outside and went in showing our Pass. Got in a short line and was aboard in 20min. that was for standard SRs. Went to our SRs and dropped off luggage and off we went. 

An RCL ship, huge one, was next to our pier and the line going into their check-in ran all the way outside the building and the length of that ship. Beyond ugh. I know some complain about X’s check in times, but I think that was one of the major differences. 

All very quick. No bubbly waiting for us but that was fine. 

Den

Edited by Denny01
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Surfguyxxx said:

Good to know you can go to your rooms and drop stuff off.  On a recent RC cruise, that wasn't available to do.  Thanks.

We are treated as ‘True Royalty’ on Celebrity!!!

den

• Haha 1

On 7/18/2022 at 10:11 AM, CruiserByHeart said:

Yup, right, another boarding day timing question... I know this has been asked and answered before. but I can't find recent info - so, what's your latest experience?

We got a boarding time of 11.30 and are super thrilled to get on board and to explore the ship. But, are there any chance we might drop our carry-on in our room before the rooms are formally released?

We'll be joining the Celebrity Reflection in Civitavecchia in less than 4 weeks if this will make a difference - and we're Select cruising in Aqua Class this time 😉

and we're Select cruising in Aqua Class this time - and it does not matter, just go drop them off and roam the ship, grab a drink or a bite to eat

• Thanks 1

On 7/18/2022 at 6:47 PM, Denny01 said:

An RCL ship, huge one, was next to our pier and the line going into their check-in ran all the way outside the building and the length of that ship. Beyond ugh. I know some complain about X’s check in times, but I think that was one of the major differences. 

The RCL ship was Ovation of the Seas.  Both the Solstice and Ovation are at Smith Cove on Fridays.  We boarded the Solstice on June 17th for a B2B pair, and the line for Ovation was simply amazing.

There has been some debate on the Alaska Cruise Critic forum about the size of Ovation and whether it should be deployed in some of the Alaska ports.

On 7/18/2022 at 7:11 AM, CruiserByHeart said:

You should be able to, just place either on the sofa, or chairs so it is out of the way for hoovering or dusting the floors and surfaces and deffy not on the bed made or not.  If you get a visit by the cleaning fairy, your stateroom might be ready by the time you get on board.

47 minutes ago, ScottC4746 said:

You should be able to, just place either on the sofa, or chairs so it is out of the way for hoovering or dusting the floors and surfaces and deffy not on the bed made or not.  If you get a visit by the cleaning fairy, your stateroom might be ready by the time you get on board.

Our carry-on is always stashed in the closet when we board.