Will Carnival Follow Princess Easing Vaccine Restrictions

sunonfire

30 minutes ago, Hoosierpop said:

Glad to see Carnival finally following the science that Covid only spreads on cruise ships starting the 6th day. 

I think they are following the stats that most covid cases from the cruise won't show up until day 6.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

I think they are following the stats that most covid cases from the cruise won't show up until day 6.

If that’s true, this is more theater than I thought. And I think it’s been performance art since the beginning.

But, it’s a start. And hopefully, momentum will continue to go towards letting people make their own risk decisions. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Hoosierpop said:

If that’s true, this is more theater than I thought. And I think it’s been performance art since the beginning.

But, it’s a start. And hopefully, momentum will continue to go towards letting people make their own risk decisions. 

What have the other cruise lines been following? Including those that have nothing to do with the US?

53 minutes ago, Hoosierpop said:

It's all theater

• Like 4

10 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

The point is it makes zero difference.

In the end yes, but it would be nice if Carnival was the first to do something  other than a smoke free ship that failed, a sky bike that no other competitor has copied or a roller coaster only copied by Dream cruises.

54 minutes ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

In the end yes, but it would be nice if Carnival was the first to do something  other than a smoke free ship that failed, a sky bike that no other competitor has copied or a roller coaster only copied by Dream cruises.

Many of us are comfortable just cruising and have no need for sensory overload with gimmicks other lines have. Or to subsidize those who do need. We just enjoy being at sea. The water that surrounds the ships, and the ports that they stop in, are all the same.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Many of us are comfortable just cruising and have no need for sensory overload with gimmicks other lines have. Or to subsidize those who do need. We just enjoy being at sea. The water that surrounds the ships, and the ports that they stop in, are all the same.

The sky bikes on the Vista Class or the roller coasters on the Excel Class are not sensory overloads??  

5 minutes ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

The sky bikes on the Vista Class or the roller coasters on the Excel Class are not sensory overloads??  

I've done both but wouldn't book a cruise for either. I will do Bolt another time or two and then likely done. They are all gimmicks. Including climbing walls and bowling alleys and bumper cars and the rest of the nonsense. 

I am happy just watching the water go by until I forget what day it is. I'll leave the stress of trying to schedule every minute while on a cruise to the anal retentive. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

I've done both but wouldn't book a cruise for either. I will do Bolt another time or two and then likely done. They are all gimmicks. Including climbing walls and bowling alleys and bumper cars and the rest of the nonsense. 

I am happy just watching the water go by until I forget what day it is. I'll leave the stress of trying to schedule every minute while on a cruise to the anal retentive. 

We'll agree then that gimmicks are at the bottom of the list when it comes to prioritizing which cruise to book.

Relaxing with drink of choice at hand looking at the wake can be hypnotic.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

FFS are you still on this? Cmon already. We get it, you think Carnival needs to "innovate" to make you happy. It's getting tired.

Edited by pc_load_letter
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

What have the other cruise lines been following? Including those that have nothing to do with the US?

We are sailing out of Dover UK on the Pride in 3 weeks, we need to get a covid test.

Yet, there is  P&O ship sailing out of the UK and calling at the same ports but their passengers don't need a covid test.

Doesn't make sense.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

We'll agree then that gimmicks are at the bottom of the list when it comes to prioritizing which cruise to book.

Relaxing with drink of choice at hand looking at the wake can be hypnotic.

All cruise lines that build new ships (and even some that cannot) look for edges to entice cruisers to come to them.  Whether it is a rock wall, a roller coaster, go cart track, or separate private rooms and dining, it is all for the same reason.  What attracts you, might not attract me.    It certainly is not shaming (in my view) that a line chooses during a comeback from the worst time in the history of the industry and not be bleeding edge.  What you find lacking, I applaud them for, but that is just me.  

What we agree on, is sitting and watching the chop churn with drink in hand.

1 hour ago, M&A said:

We are sailing out of Dover UK on the Pride in 3 weeks, we need to get a covid test.

Yet, there is  P&O ship sailing out of the UK and calling at the same ports but their passengers don't need a covid test.

Doesn't make sense.

When you find out what makes sense with this pandemic, please let me know.  

• Like 3

14 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

So what good did any testing do? Apparently with testing, positive people are getting on the ship. So is Carnival saying if they get off before the 6th day they weren’t infectious? Only if staying on a longer cruise, even one more day, the whole ship is suddenly in danger. So the testing for any length cruise is worthless.

• Like 2

So what good did any testing do? Apparently with testing, positive people are getting on the ship. So is Carnival saying if they get off before the 6th day they weren’t infectious? Only if staying on a longer cruise, even one more day, the whole ship is suddenly in danger. So the testing for any length cruise is worthless.

Two years into it, sure would be nice for you all to find something else to whine about.  Point is, we are now cruising, those that want to under the conditions currently set out, get over it (virus won, game, match) and move on...new subject people...

31 minutes ago, 2wheelin said:

Exactly......the whole pre cruise pony show.....worthless.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2wheelin said:

Not everyone getting on the ship is tested. Repeat as necessary.

3 hours ago, Drazil65 said:

Two years into it, sure would be nice for you all to find something else to whine about.  Point is, we are now cruising, those that want to under the conditions currently set out, get over it (virus won, game, match) and move on...new subject people...

169 posts and you choose mine to complain about? Thank you for your concern. Now back to our show.