Beach hotels for an overnight port call in Cabo

Vexorg

My wife and I will be on the Sapphire Princess 10/23 sailing which includes an overnight stay in Cabo, and are looking at spending that night at a beach hotel.  After doing some research It seems like most of the all inclusive resorts require a 3-night minimum (and are rather expensive anyway) but it does appear we can book a one-night stay at Casa Dorada for around the same price as a day pass for 2 people (but without the all-inclusive).  If anyone else has done a one night hotel stay in Cabo I'd be interested to hear where they have done this.

Casa Dorado is a very nice hotel. That being said when we had 2 days in Cabo on our Carnival cruise in May we got specific instructions on not being allowed an overnight stay and those that did would not be allowed back on. Might have been a covid thing not sure. 

22 minutes ago, BrwnEyedGirl35 said:

we got specific instructions on not being allowed an overnight stay and those that did would not be allowed back on. Might have been a covid thing not sure. 

This seems very paternalistic of Carnival.  If I want to spend the entire night getting drunk at Cabo Wabo (is it open all night long?) or hanging around in a brothel, Carnival won't let me back on the ship? 

On 7/20/2022 at 10:27 AM, tonit964 said:

There is one potential problem to consider, if the weather is bad/too windy the following day and they can't use the tenders, you will be stuck.

Definitely something to consider, but if that happened it wouldn't be too much of a problem because we could meet the ship in La Paz the following day.  Would need to spend another night on land though.

As for not allowing people back on the ship if they stay on land overnight, I could see something like that being part of COVID restrictions, but even then I have generally seen other threads saying that in ports with overnight stays people have been allowed to stay off the ship overnight, but were instructed to inform the passenger services desk before doing so.  I'm also guessing that tenders would stop running after a certain time until the next morning, but I'd have to ask when that would be.

Edited by Vexorg