Celebrity - Check in question

1960Travel

Will be our first time cruising since start up.  Sailing Eclipse out of Vancouver Sept 4/22

We live in Ontario, and curious from people who have been cruising

Is it easier to check in on the APP or on a Desk top.  Especially regarding our Vaccine info

Thanks 

Hi we sailed on Eclipse in June also out of Vancouver.  Was our first cruise since covid.  We are from Aylmer, Quebec.  I found it easier to do the check in on the App including loading vaccine certificate.  Any other questions I am happy to help.  If you are like us it seems a bit daunting to cruise after so long, and more things to think about now with Covid.

2 hours ago, bebe08 said:

Hi we sailed on Eclipse in June also out of Vancouver.  Was our first cruise since covid.  We are from Aylmer, Quebec.  I found it easier to do the check in on the App including loading vaccine certificate.  Any other questions I am happy to help.  If you are like us it seems a bit daunting to cruise after so long, and more things to think about now with Covid.

Purely out of curiosity, was this a Hawaiian cruise to make up for the one we were both booked on that was cancelled? 

3 hours ago, Fouremco said:

Purely out of curiosity, was this a Hawaiian cruise to make up for the one we were both booked on that was cancelled? 

No it was a weeklong Alaskan cruise...June 5 -12 roundtrip Vancouver.  Hawaii is still on the bucket list.

• Like 1

I just disembarked the Eclipse yesterday after a one week Alaska cruise.   I agree - definitely use the app.   Upload everything you can in advance, passport, photo, vaccine history, etc.  I arrived at the port of Vancouver for my 11 am check in time at 10:42am on July 10th, and was through all the various checks and immigration and in my cabin by 10:57am.  I am convinced it was because I used the app.  

The app is very easy!

Just an FYI, once you load all your info into the app, your vaccination status will show PENDING.

Dont’t worry if it stays in the state until a few weeks before sailing. Also, you will continue to receive reminder emails- I want to say weekly-  from Celebrity asking you for you vaccination status. Even after it’s approved😂 We sail in a few weeks and it’s become a regular thing. Most on our sailing are experiencing the same thing! IT at its best!!! 

Hi, this is Marcel from Portugal. I know I'm on the wrong board but I notice that several of you have recently sailed out of Vancouver.  We are sailing out of there on 12 Ausgust and was wondering if pre cruise antigen testing is available at the port.   If so, do we need to book an appointment?

Or are there pharmacies etc nearby where we can get tested?

Thanks for any info.

• 4 weeks later...