February 2023 Princess Cruises

A question for my friends down under

I know itineraries have been changing a lot there and very uncertain but, when searching on Princess web site in Australia (or NZ) do you get an error when trying to get details on Feb cruise itineraries like we do in the US for many weeks now?

image.thumb.png.46475e9e72fcdcf89c77144597a96d92.png

image.png.9e55cdaa6bb4cec3029c619a2b79cd86.png

Hi,

I just tried it out and could click through the booking. It is showing that Balcony and Mini-Suites are sold out. We are booked on that cruise so hoping it goes ahead 😃

7 hours ago, Drumbeat16 said:

Hi,

I just tried it out and could click through the booking. It is showing that Balcony and Mini-Suites are sold out. We are booked on that cruise so hoping it goes ahead 😃

Yes, I didn't show all screen shot but, when I hit suites (or ocean view) cabins that is when I get the error

6 hours ago, Relaxing Robbies said:

I have been getting that error for a few weeks trying to look at cruises on my ipad. It doesn’t happen when I use my PC. Maybe try a different device.

I tried both my ipad and my PC, that is why I was curious if they were just blocking US inquirers as everything you all are reporting has been up in the air (as far as cruise itineraries). This does not happen for the 2024 cruises.

Looking to book flights if prices ever drop for business class (maybe that will never happen). We will still be happy to take a land vacation over there if the cruise does not happen but, we might be in the minority of people who fly half way around the world expecting a cruise.

Thanks and Cheers,

john  

Edited by AZjohn

There have been lockouts from time to time, especially when itineraries are being changed. As far as I can recall, Grand Princess cruises for 2022/23 have remained untouched throughout Princess' redeployments and itinerary changes.

I can also see this cruise OK, although I would love to see a $959 price like yours. We are seeing around $1700 US for an interior down here.

Yes, be careful. A couple of times I nearly got caught (I was getting excited) as the prices were being shown in US$ on my iPad but in A$ on my Mac. If you actually login it should be OK with the prices showing in A$.

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

We are seeing around $1700 US for an interior down here.

Well that sucks (as we say up here). Of course, as you all know that price doesn't include tax and fees, which is around another $500 per person (yes, it's a stupid game that's played here).

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

There have been lockouts from time to time, especially when itineraries are being changed. As far as I can recall, Grand Princess cruises for 2022/23 have remained untouched throughout Princess' redeployments and itinerary changes.

I can also see this cruise OK, although I would love to see a $959 price like yours. We are seeing around $1700 US for an interior down here.

I have received an email of incredible deals, starting at $24 per day, for 12 top cruise lines, from a US TA I have booked with in the past.   

11 minutes ago, AZjohn said:

Well that sucks (as we say up here). Of course, as you all know that price doesn't include tax and fees, which is around another $500 per person (yes, it's a stupid game that's played here).

Ahh, yes, forgot about your taxes and port charges. We would also say it sucks too.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

I have received an email of incredible deals, starting at $24 per day, for 12 top cruise lines, from a US TA I have booked with in the past.   

Being Princess, I can still go back to the single US agent I have used for them before. I haven't been lucky enough to line up those super deals with anything we have wanted to do yet, and our sliding dollar isn't helping with the margins on the regular US priced ones.

3 hours ago, AZjohn said:

Your fares don't include the daily gratuities either, which are built in to the fare for us. 

4 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Your fares don't include the daily gratuities either, which are built in to the fare for us. 

Well then, I think it all equals out. Trust me, I like your pricing system much better than ours 🙂