What HAL Phone # to Call for Help With Covid FCC Delay of 2-1/2 Months?

Golden Gater

My husband and I were on the Nieuw Statendam April 17 - May 1.  He was in an Isolation Cabin for 8 days prior to our departure from the ship on May 1. We have been waiting for over 2-1/2 months for his FCC to appear in his account. He was given a form letter stating that he would receive a FCC for each day in Isolation and he would receive the FCC in his account within 2 weeks.  We have emailed Guest Relations twice with no response.  We have called Guest Relations and were told someone would call us back.  That has not happened.  Should we be speaking to someone in Finance? Is there another number we should call other than Guest Relations at 877-932-4259 or 800-599-8256?

• Like 1

Email the upper management of HAL.   elliott.org lists all the email addresses. Not sure if this will be taken down though - since it does refer you to another web site, but it is not a travel agency it just helps people with consumer issues.  

@Golden GaterI recently saw this email address publicly given by a HAL rep to someone in a similar situation to who needed to reach HAL: socialmedia @ hollandamerica.com (spaces added for security, remove when sending).

I hope this gets sorted out for you soon.

Good luck!

Edited by syesmar

2 hours ago, Golden Gater said:

My husband and I were on the Nieuw Statendam April 17 - May 1.  He was in an Isolation Cabin for 8 days prior to our departure from the ship on May 1. We have been waiting for over 2-1/2 months for his FCC to appear in his account. He was given a form letter stating that he would receive a FCC for each day in Isolation and he would receive the FCC in his account within 2 weeks.  We have emailed Guest Relations twice with no response.  We have called Guest Relations and were told someone would call us back.  That has not happened.  Should we be speaking to someone in Finance? Is there another number we should call other than Guest Relations at 877-932-4259 or 800-599-8256?

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Here is something I saved from HAL CC! 
Hope this helps!

Holland America higher ups to get something resolved!!!

🛳🛳🛳🛳🛳🛳🛳🛳🛳🛳🛳

Gus Antorcha
President, Holland America Line
450 Third Avenue West
Seattle, WA 98119
gantorcha@hollandamerica.com

🛳🛳🛳🛳🛳🛳🛳🛳🛳🛳

Christine Ferris
Special Advisor, Office of the President

guestrelations@hollandamerica.com

The email address is just the general one for Guest Relations but if you address it to her specifically, it should get routed directly to her.

And if you want to escalate it, I'm pretty sure this email address is current:

Gus Antorcha
President, Holland America Line
450 Third Avenue West
Seattle, WA 98119
gantorcha@hollandamerica.com

Good luck!!

🛳🛳🛳🛳🛳🛳🛳🛳🛳🛳🛳

Executive Contacts

Primary Contact
Michael Smith
Senior Vice President Guest Experience
450 Third Avenue West
Seattle, WA 98119
(206) 281-3535
msmith@hollandamerica.com

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Golden Gater said:

I would actually start with Reservation Accounting if the general reservations number has not been able to help you. They have been very helpful with all of my weird accounting problems and I think they are actually the ones who issue these.  Have never tried emailing them but my luck with HAL email has been abysmal lately. Usually their hold time is not too long because most people don't know they exist. 

Phone: 1-888-663-5384 (select option 3, not the one asking for guest refunds because that just gives you a recording telling you to be patient or send them an email). 

Email: reservation_accounting@hollandamerica.com

If that does not produce results I would contact the above Executive contacts, and if that fails the Elliott.org folks are usually quite helpful. If you end up going this route the best thing is to just contact them. Don't threaten HAL with bad PR/legal action, etc. It does not help your case and if even a hint of lawyers or legal action is mentioned they will instantly stop talking to you until their legal department spends an extremely long time reviewing it. If you need to get Elliott involved they are very adept at tactfully handling the situation and getting a mutually agreeable solution worked out. It is also best to have a copy of all correspondence or attempts you have made to resolve the issue as well as the letter HAL promised the FCC in. They get a lot of requests for help and typically will focus time on cases where travelers have truly hit a dead end and are clearly in the right. 

• Like 2

We also did a quarantine stint this past May (May 12 - May 19) on a 14 day Nieuw Statendam cruise. We were given a balcony cabin, had good food service with plastic the first two days then switched over to real dishes, cutlery and glasses for the remaining. Thankfully our symptoms were mild. We received a letter indicating that we would receive FCC credits for the days in quarantine. Our ship disembarked on May 22nd.  As of Wednesday, July 20th still no FCC's appear on my online account. I read above posts and called the number from Post #5 to reservation accounting yesterday and she said that she could not help me and directed me to call guest services at 1-800-599-8256 (by the way phone was answered in under 2 minutes). Called guest services Wednesday but after 15 minutes on hold I hung up as I had other appointments. I called the guest services number today at 2:35pm and was on hold until 5:03pm. Talked to a very nice woman named Ellen. She asked a few questions and credited the FCC's to our accounts immediately and extended the use date to July 21, 2023. That was worth the hold. I could kick myself though because after I hung up I forgot to ask her if they refund Port Fees. I'm assuming not. Does anyone know about Port Fees. If not I will call next week. Guest Services hours are M-F 10a-4p Pacific time.

• Like 1

We had a similar situation in June on the Oosterdam, my husband had been quarantined for 6 days. Final payment was coming up for our next cruise and I told my PCC that we had to have the credit first. She gave us the guest relations phone number. When I called the rep said that something needed to be completed by the ship and would email the Oosterdam to get that done. It took a few days but I did get an email from guest relations that it had been credited. 

So, if I were you, I would call again and call early. They open at 9:00am PST. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, SUESEABE said:

@Sharon in AZ I did get our per diem of base fare credited today. I did not ask about Port fees for the ports while we were in quarantine but I'm not sure that we even get that back. Did your husband get his port fees  back?

No, the letter he received only stated credit for cruise fare. I believe that port fees would only be credited if you decided to disembark early, at least that’s how I understood what the letter said. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1