Frequency of shows on ships

This may be a stupid question, but we've never sailed Royal Caribbean before and we've only sailed a few times.

Anyways, how many days is each specific show or act done on each cruise?

We are sailing on the Allure in two weeks and I know it has Mamma Mia, an ice show and a couple others I think.  Is Mamma Mia (and the other shows) only shown one night per cruise, or on multiple nights? 

Same question for the comedy acts ( I believe it has a comedy club on the ship).. is there a comedian every night of the cruise or only certain nights? 

I see that we have to make reservations to go to the shows and comedy club, so I want to know what to expect and how to arrange our reservations when are able to make them.

Thank you!

Each ship will set its own schedules. You can search for some recent Allure roll calls to see if the entertainment schedule was uploaded to them.

In general, you're going to get the main prod show at least one night and a matinee on a sea day.

The comedians usually perform 2 shows nightly, with 1-2 days off.

Your aqua show may run 3 nights, and ice show 2 nights. Each of these would be done twice per night to accommodate both seating times.

Head over to the Roll Calls Board and look for recent Allure sailings. I'm sure someone has posted a recent schedule, and while it changes weekly, it'll give you a good baseline.

Here ya go:

Post #35 here:
https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2791078-allure-of-the-seas-july-3-2022/page/2/

For this sailing, Mamma Mia only performed once nightly x2, and one matinee
The Ice show performed a total of 3 nights
The aqua show was 4 nights, but two of those nights only had one performance.

This schedule is 4 mos old so YMMV

49 minutes ago, sne26 said:

I see that we have to make reservations to go to the shows and comedy club, so I want to know what to expect and how to arrange our reservations when are able to make them.

You can see the typical shows and times if you set the RCI app to the current sailing. For your sailing, you can book the shows in the app after you connect to the ship's wifi.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

You can see the typical shows and times if you set the RCI app to the current sailing. For your sailing, you can book the shows in the app after you connect to the ship's wifi.

Edited and removed

Edited by robmtx

3 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

All the way at the bottom you have another option - to look at any ship/sailing.

I actually remembered this trick right after posting, but I never see the main entertainment stuff.

e.g. I'm looking at current Allure and next week's Allure schedule, and while I see a lot of stuff, I don't see any of the skate, aqua, or Prod shows. I guess I'm not sure if others see that or if there was another way to do this. 

24 minutes ago, robmtx said:

I guess I'm not sure if others see that or if there was another way to do this. 

The app is not fool proof - sometimes it doesn't show stuff (that was happening on Symphony) until you are actually on board.

19 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Great trick to know; thanks.