Sail With Seth no longer available

Navybikermom

I received an email from Holland America today that said due to restructuring of roles, Seth will be leaving Holland America, and therefore my “Sail With Seth” that I signed up for was cancelled. He would have been on the Zaandam, Canada/New England itinerary, Sept 3-10. So very sad to have missed out on this! They said I would be getting two special cocktail parties and the chance to win some extra dinners, etc., and then a $25 refund. 😕

We also received the email and are both very sorry that Seth will no longer be with Holland.  He was a true asset to the Company as Brand Ambassador and a genuinely nice man!  He will be missed by many of us that had the pleasure of playing Trivia with him all during the Pause, watching his Special Videos and also having met and Sailed with him!  Very sad news! 😢

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Navybikermom said:

I received an email from Holland America today that said due to restructuring of roles, Seth will be leaving Holland America, and therefore my “Sail With Seth” that I signed up for was cancelled. He would have been on the Zaandam, Canada/New England itinerary, Sept 3-10. So very sad to have missed out on this! They said I would be getting two special cocktail parties and the chance to win some extra dinners, etc., and then a $25 refund. 😕

You cannot replace Seth with $25 and a cocktail party. This sucks. When the actual truth comes out, you will see what a horrible company HAL is. Actually you will see how horrible HAL's corporate people are.

• Like 4

I canceled the ones I was on. The Sail with Seth program set them apart from other options I have. I also found the ‘here is $25 to make up’ borderline offensive. I am now exploring other options and am following Seth on his new Sail with Seth page on Facebook

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DrKoob said:

You cannot replace Seth with $25 and a cocktail party. This sucks. When the actual truth comes out, you will see what a horrible company HAL is. Actually you will see how horrible HAL's corporate people are.

Why don’t you tell us? What truth?  People lose their jobs.  I’ve worked for publicly traded companies all my career and I’m old.  I’ve lost my job a couple times through no fault of my own.  The market turned bad and it happened.  I know very few people in my city that hasn’t happened to unless you work in government.  Every time it’s been a blessing in disguise either for my own well being or to have more time to deal with ongoing family issues.  I never blamed the company.  Business is business.  Stuff happens.  I’m sure he got a handsome golden handshake.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Wow...... sorry, but just... Wow.

I am not normally this vocal here, but......

I do not know Seth nor do I have any first hand knowledge of his Sail With Seth sailings. But he obviously has contributed a very positive perspective to the Holland America experience for the past few years, both through his Face Book posts and through his actual Holland America "Sail with Seth" cruise experiences.

Just because some of you are not from North America, nor Facebook fans or users, that does not diminish nor negate that fact.  

There have been so VERY FEW positive aspects to cruising in any way over the past few years. Seth, IMHO, struck me as a wonderful exception to that.

Why Holland America has decided to end his contract is beyond me. I wish him nothing but success moving forward. 

• Like 2

Given they charged you $50, giving half a refund and 2 cocktail parties and the chance to win a dinner or something is an insult. I would cancel the excursion outright. Most people have the HIA package and get the drinks anyway. 

We are very sorry to hear about Seth. He was an absolute delight. I will look forward to sailing with him elsewhere once he gets his new business launched. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Seth just completed a live session on FB.  You can watch the recording on his FB page, Sail With Seth.  It was interesting and it was HAL that let him go.  He is offering several Sail with Seth cruises that you need to book through him.  One of them is a single supplement sale, pay 100% not 200%.  

• Like 1