Calabash Cove

tgraham09

My wife and I will be visiting St. Lucia in December from 8AM-6PM and have been searching for a place away from the cruise crowd to spend a relaxing day. We typically enjoy the boutique hotels/resorts, and are always looking for places to return for a full trip in the future.

I came across Calabash Cove and it looks like an excellent option. I searched quickly to see what I could find on here and saw some older posts mentioning that they take day guests as space allows. I'm planning on contacting them directly, but also wanted to post here and gather any feedback. Thanks in advance to anyone that is able to share their experience or knowledge.

On 7/20/2022 at 4:12 PM, tgraham09 said:

My wife and I will be visiting St. Lucia in December from 8AM-6PM and have been searching for a place away from the cruise crowd to spend a relaxing day. We typically enjoy the boutique hotels/resorts, and are always looking for places to return for a full trip in the future.

I came across Calabash Cove and it looks like an excellent option. I searched quickly to see what I could find on here and saw some older posts mentioning that they take day guests as space allows. I'm planning on contacting them directly, but also wanted to post here and gather any feedback. Thanks in advance to anyone that is able to share their experience or knowledge.

You'll need to contact them much much closer to your sailing but yes, day guests are allowed. They don't do a day pass, ie set rate, it's pay as you go for food and drinks. Loads of steps, be prepared.  

• Like 1

On 7/20/2022 at 9:12 PM, tgraham09 said:

Take the advice of reedprincess.  
For one’s part don’t book a day pass from a website.  
They will take your money weeks in advance, then when arriving one will be hit with no room, with the booking site quoting T&C “subject to availability”.

Calabash does occasionally offer a day ‘entrance’ fee/sun-bed (they select the position).  CC are also very discerning (because of their clientele) and have a strict dress (plus conduct) code.  It is advisable (unwritten protocol) when discussing one’s booking, that one voluntary makes a firm reservation for lunch, without any discreet encouragement.

It is not a “rent a bed” for the day establishment.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

They will take your money weeks in advance, then when arriving one will be hit with no room, with the booking site quoting T&C “subject to availability”.

Calabash does occasionally offer a day ‘entrance’ fee/sun-bed (they select the position).  CC are also very discerning (because of their clientele) and have a strict dress (plus conduct) code.  It is advisable (unwritten protocol) when discussing one’s booking, that one voluntary makes a firm reservation for lunch, without any discreet encouragement.

Additional 

If seeking a more relaxed dress code for a beach/lunch/drinks day, then The Naked Fisherman is an excellent choice, being well away from T’erds.  Book on’s lunch/day in advance as it’s a small boutique beach restaurant/bar, being popular with discerning locals and vacationers, therefore space is limited.  It has a great relaxed vibe.

Link

http://nakedfishermanstlucia.com

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Link
  • Like 1

On 7/25/2022 at 8:10 AM, PORT ROYAL said:

Additional 

If seeking a more relaxed dress code for a beach/lunch/drinks day, then The Naked Fisherman is an excellent choice, being well away from T’erds.  Book on’s lunch/day in advance as it’s a small boutique beach restaurant/bar, being popular with discerning locals and vacationers, therefore space is limited.  It has a great relaxed vibe.

Link

http://nakedfishermanstlucia.com

How far from the pier is this and is it easy to get to

40 minutes ago, pamkev said:

How far from the pier is this and is it easy to get to

Takes just over 20 minutes there by private taxi (plenty available at port) and allow about 30 minutes back (because of port traffic).

Fare was US$30.00 each way for the taxi, but work on a possible US$35.00 each way.
Driver usually asks if they can be booked for the return with a time.  If not, NF will be happy to arrange for a known and reliable taxi back, just give the time.

The $30 for the whole taxi to NF becomes no brainer, when it was about $10/12 pp e/w to The Rex (swarms hell) by shared minibus.

Enjoy….😊

7 minutes ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Takes just over 20 minutes there by private taxi (plenty available at port) and allow about 30 minutes back (because of port traffic).

Fare was US$30.00 each way for the taxi, but work on a possible US$35.00 each way.
Driver usually asks if they can be booked for the return with a time.  If not, NF will be happy to arrange for a known and reliable taxi back, just give the time.

The $30 for the whole taxi to NF becomes no brainer, when it was about $10/12 pp e/w to The Rex (swarms hell) by shared minibus.

Enjoy….😊

Thanks

• 4 months later...
On 7/24/2022 at 10:35 AM, PORT ROYAL said:

Hi Port Royal, I went to the Naked Fishermen's website, and it looks good, but, can you tell me if they have lounge chairs in the shade? We are all fair skinned, and we do use huge amounts of sunscreen, but, we would still get pretty burned in full sun. Our cruise is in April, so their calendar is not that far out yet. Thanks, AC

22 hours ago, CaliforniaAC said:

Hi Port Royal, I went to the Naked Fishermen's website, and it looks good, but, can you tell me if they have lounge chairs in the shade? We are all fair skinned, and we do use huge amounts of sunscreen, but, we would still get pretty burned in full sun. Our cruise is in April, so their calendar is not that far out yet. Thanks, AC

They did have access to full shade, either under large statics or natural.  But the beach is considered very small so those spots are considered desirable, therefore in great demand.
To make a request prior to any booking being open, then send a message via their Face(hardback reading material) Page. Anyway it’s good to talk and gives an opportunity to asked anything, such as dietary requirements , special orders etc.. 

The menus are in ECD, to roughly convert into USD, divide by 2, then deduct 25%.

Others have posted the cab fare is still $35 

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Cab

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/6/2022 at 8:17 AM, PORT ROYAL said:

They did have access to full shade, either under large statics or natural.  But the beach is considered very small so those spots are considered desirable, therefore in great demand.
To make a request prior to any booking being open, then send a message via their Face(hardback reading material) Page. Anyway it’s good to talk and gives an opportunity to asked anything, such as dietary requirements , special orders etc.. 

The menus are in ECD, to roughly convert into USD, divide by 2, then deduct 25%.

Others have posted the cab fare is still $35 

Thanks Port Royal! There's three ships, roughly 6500 cruise ship passengers, in port that day, so I will contact them ahead. AC