Advice for booking Prima/Feb 2023-Oceanview w/Vibe Beach passes vs Balcony

UTRIPUMP

couple of mid 60's husband and wife.....will be 3rd NCL cruise in 12 months......thinking about the new Prima

if I could save 700+ by booking oceanview and purchase a couple of Vibe Beach passes, and I assume I'd have 

access to the new Ocean Blvd/Indulge area of that ship(or is that a upcharge/special section like the Haven?),

or forego the Vibe passes and book a balcony........

we are not wealthy people, but don't want to be the prototypical tightwad miser either.

Thoughts/debate?

Please weigh in with your suggestions, but be gentle and kind, lol

TIA

34 minutes ago, UTRIPUMP said:

and I assume I'd have 

access to the new Ocean Blvd/Indulge area of that ship(or is that a upcharge/special section like the Haven?),

I have a feeling everyone will have access to the space, the food may not be included though.

There's probably some more speculation about everything in the thread about that ship.  EVERYTHING at this point is really speculation, I would think more solid info should be out soon and it for sure would be once the ship actually sails a revenue cruise.

• Like 2

I would go with the Vibe with either an OV or an inside cabin instead of paying for a balcony.  The Vibe is substantially larger than your microscopic balcony and of course it also comes with a bar and a hot tub, so it's a better value, IMHO, but then again there are those that are members of the once we sailed in a balcony we can never do an inside again club.    The Vibe is 229 pp for 7 day sailings and 289 pp for 11/12 day sailings.  Have done the Vibe previously on two different Escape sailings and had a blast.  We will be back there again on the Halloween sailing of the Prima for 11 days.

• Like 2

If you can afford pricing on prima or viva, does it really matter?

I was told we are under 70 days until our prima sailing and still not certain what is free or not for the new venues.  Stay tuned.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

I would go with the Vibe with either an OV or an inside cabin instead of paying for a balcony.  The Vibe is substantially larger than your microscopic balcony and of course it also comes with a bar and a hot tub, so it's a better value, IMHO, but then again there are those that are members of the once we sailed in a balcony we can never do an inside again club.    The Vibe is 229 pp for 7 day sailings and 289 pp for 11/12 day sailings.  Have done the Vibe previously on two different Escape sailings and had a blast.  We will be back there again on the Halloween sailing of the Prima for 11 days.

I'm leaning that way......seems like we've had balcony or aft balcony on our last 5-7 cruises, and I just don't spend that much time out then.....I probably enjoy it the most upon wakening, and maybe after cleaning up from the day's activities/excursions, but I enjoy the hot tubs and near by bars such as Spice H2O, so it just seems practical and pleasurable to shift monies to a part of the ship I might find more advantageous.

Thanks for the dialogue and advice. 

7 hours ago, dexddd said:

If you can afford pricing on prima or viva, does it really matter?

I was told we are under 70 days until our prima sailing and still not certain what is free or not for the new venues.  Stay tuned.

looking forward to Prima reviews from CC cruisers !