New High-Speed Rail Service Connecting Rome’s Airport with Florence and Naples

-Lew-

Direct service from Fiumicino to Florence is not new, that route has been on the schedule for years.  There has been a slight adjustment in the timing but it still doesn't work for most arrivals from North America, the only direct Frecce from the airport to Florence is at 13:53 (1:53 PM).

Further, I was really excited when I read about this for Naples ... except that the Naples addition is just seasonal and disappears after mid-September.  We can hope that traffic will justify extending it but that's unknown at this point.

This was the PR group trying to make a big deal out of, really, not much at all.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, euro cruiser said:

This was the PR group trying to make a big deal out of, really, not much at all.

That was my initial reaction too, especially in light of the news of the PM's resignation. It's just Italy and the bureaucratic machinations doing their thing, but also I suppose, and trying to minimize my own cynicism, help boost tourism to bounce back from the losses during lockdown. 

But you could always intercity expresses, although not necessarily the frecce. Assuming no shut-down, weekend, holiday schedule etc. etc. but airport jaunts, not always I guess. 

I remain somewhat skeptical until it's been around a while, but maybe there's hope?