RC Assigned Check-in Time - Flexable?

52 minutes ago, island lady said:

Yes, you may.   I asked the porters one time a few months ago at Port Canaveral, how early they start accepting luggage for drop off.  I was shocked when he told me 7:30 am!!  Now, that would not be the case at all terminals...but it works for them there.  

And to your question...absolutely, you can drop off your checked (and tagged) bags ahead of time with the porters at any cruise terminal with RCI.  I know of friends that will drop them off, then head out to get supplies (wine, etc.) or simply return the rental car in advance.  It then leaves you with just your carry on bags...quite the "freeing" feeling.  😉  And indeed...relaxing.  

That's good to know. We're dropping off a rental next Saturday.  Maybe we can drop off luggage first.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

And to your question...absolutely, you can drop off your checked (and tagged) bags ahead of time with the porters at any cruise terminal with RCI.  I know of friends that will drop them off, then head out to get supplies (wine, etc.) or simply return the rental car in advance.  It then leaves you with just your carry on bags...quite the "freeing" feeling.  😉  And indeed...relaxing.  

Dropped our bags off at Cape Liberty.  Took the rental car back, unloaded our carry-ons.  Asked I they would give us a ride back to the terminal.  Loaded up our carry-ons in the rental we just returned.  😄  Employee drove us to the port.  Of course if we didn't drop the luggage off first, we would have been transported in an original (pre-BMW) Mini.

• Like 1

"I see no reason for 80% of the answers to dog pile on you. Cruise Critic used to be a place to learn all the best money saving tips, time efficient shortcuts, didja-know-about-this inside deals, etc.  Now people get very angry if they suspect you are getting something slightly better than they are."

LMaxwell, thank you! I apprecite that.

Now for my next question. How early should my family get to the pool to throw a bunch of towels on the deck chairs to save them for the day???  (JUST KIDDING!)

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, susanf31 said:

Now for my next question. How early should my family get to the pool to throw a bunch of towels on the deck chairs to save them for the day???  (JUST KIDDING!)

Only got to beat a Pinnacle by a minute to win it. 

21 hours ago, susanf31 said:

First of all, i don't know who assumed it was my parents. It is not my parents. It is family members flying in the night before and staying in CC for the night. We will be dropping them off at the terminal.  

And it being brothers/sisters/in-laws/nieces/nephews/aunts/uncles/cousins rather than parents changes this "how"?

• Like 2

We were told in PC, getting on Harmony in June, that they never check your boarding time. We got in line at 11:50 for the 11:30 - 12:00 slot and the end of the line was way past the roped lanes. And don’t check in close to the hour at Cape Liberty. All the security took a 10 minute break.

On 7/23/2022 at 8:36 AM, Junkhouse said:

We were told in PC, getting on Harmony in June, that they never check your boarding time.

That isn't correct.  There are people at the start of each boarding group queue (for lack of a better word) that ask what you boarding time is.  Some may be more conscientious about it than others.  

We've sailed on the Harmony twice this year, so that is real experience.  

Edited by jalves
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, jalves said:

That isn't correct.  There are people at the start of each boarding group queue (for lack of a better word) that ask what you boarding time is.  Some may be more conscientious about it than others.  

We've sailed on the Harmony twice this year, so that is real experience.  

Agree...And was the same for us the last seven times...over the last six months.  

• Like 1

On 7/21/2022 at 10:56 AM, susanf31 said:

Here's the issue. I live in Cape Canaveral. I stopped by Port Canaveral and viewed the line to get in the terminal- Harmony of the Seas, because we have family sailing on her next week.  The line was HUGE - HOURS long in a very hot parking garage.

I spoke a security guy. He said the line looks like that from noon to 3:00 p.m.  He said that there is absolutely NO line from about 10:00 am to noon and the doors to the terminal open at 10:00 a.m.  From noon to 3:00 p.m, the line is monsterous. Then after 3:00 p.m. there is no line once again.

So if we can get them there at 10:00 a.m. if would actually help shorten the busiest time of noon - 3:00 p.m.  Again, I witnessed this first hand.

Just wondering if they got there when the doors open at 10:00 a.m., would they let them check in or at least wait in the air conditioned terminal.

Here's a video of the line I'm speaking about.

In answer to why they didn't choose an earlier time. Noon was the earliest time available.  

We were on the Harmony last week.  They had designated areas for the assigned boarding time.  Even if you arrive early you are still sent to your assigned time line.  We had a 10:30 check in time so I have no idea what happened to the lines behind us but they were checking…

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, GTO-Girl said:

We were on the Harmony last week.  They had designated areas for the assigned boarding time.  Even if you arrive early you are still sent to your assigned time line.  We had a 10:30 check in time so I have no idea what happened to the lines behind us but they were checking…

That's good to hear. When we sailed in May it was just one long line.