Shareholder Benefit Response

travellingnana

For the first time ever I received an automated response to my emailed shareholder benefit request.  To paraphrase: They received it; there's a high volume of requests so I need to allow up to 21 days for it to be processed; they'll email me once it's applied.  This is an improvement over wondering if they ever got it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, travellingnana said:

For the first time ever I received an automated response to my emailed shareholder benefit request.  To paraphrase: They received it; there's a high volume of requests so I need to allow up to 21 days for it to be processed; they'll email me once it's applied.  This is an improvement over wondering if they ever got it.

They are just covering themselves. Usually in a week you will see it applied to your account.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, travellingnana said:

It should include condolences over being a shareholder.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, travellingnana said:

That’s the response I’ve always gotten for HAL.  

Haven’t gotten this when I email Princess.  We have seven cruises booked—seems to be no rhyme or reason as to when OBC shows up!  Received one within 8 hours if sent email, one took about four weeks.

I submitted my request by email last Friday evening.  There was no automated response and it has not yet been posted.  Maybe an automated response it is just a random thing.  I had heard it can take months to see it posted, so I made my submission in plenty of time.  Hmmmmm, last time I was on HAL the email with my request was rejected due to my ,rr email address without any notification.  I did call HAL World Cruise Dept that handles these requests prior to the cruise to check on it and the agent took care of me.  To be sure I think I will send my request again from a different email address to Princess in case that is an issue again.

I’m just glad that I got confirmation that they had received it. The last request I sent in took weeks. After awhile I decided  I’d just send the same request to them once a week until they finally credited me. Maybe that’s why they sent me that response 😏

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hpeabody said:

AN UPDATE TO MY PREVIOUS POST ABOVE.  To be sure I think I will send my request again from a different email address to Princess in case that is an issue again.

I did send another request from another email address and .... I got an immediate automated response.  Maybe it is something very very new?

On 7/21/2022 at 11:30 AM, Rick&Jeannie said:

Something to do with an old show called "Dragnet", I'm pretty sure.  "Just the FAX Ma'am,  just the FAX"

Now THAT's funny! Nicely delivered.😉

Utilize the chat feature if you haven’t seen your OBC.    
emailed last weekend and it took a few days.   Was in my account in a few days.   I sail next Sunday. 
already spent it on an excursion Lolol.   

I submitted ours on July 11th, got the robot reply.  The cruise is in Nov.

I checked the account on the 20th and it was not there.  However when I checked again last night the 22nd,  the credit posted.  Never receive a notification of the benefit is posted though.

2 hours ago, nho9504 said:

I submitted ours on July 11th, got the robot reply.  The cruise is in Nov.

I checked the account on the 20th and it was not there.  However when I checked again last night the 22nd,  the credit posted.  Never received a notification of the benefit is posted though.

It is very rare that such a notification is sent.

I submitted my Shareholder request 3 weeks ago by FAX and nothing. I called Princess customer service this morning and she came back after checking with that department that there's no record of my FAX so she advised me to re-send my request by e-mail instead. She said that department has been totally swamped with Shareholder requests and due to severe lack of personnel the processing time is now MINIMUM 3 to 4 weeks. She also said in the future it's best to submit such request by e-mail so we get an instant confirmation of receiving our e-mail. Customer rep apologized for the delay and shortage of personnel is apparently happening in all Princess departments. I guess this is the new norm.