Royal Up Status changed from "Pending" to "Submitted"

Hello!  I know there are many threads on here relating to Royal up bids but I was unable to find any information on the status changes of a royal up bid.  Last month, I made a couple of royal up bids for my upcoming cruise on Ovation.  Up until yesterday, the status showed as pending which I thought was the default status until either accepted our denied.  Today, my spouse checked and noticed that the status had changed to "Submitted".  I hadn't seen this before so was wondering if there is any rhyme or reason to this change?

We are still able to cancel/modify and are a few weeks out so I am not at all expecting confirmation of acceptance or denial but am just curious why it went to "Submitted".

Anyone else seen this before?

Thanks much!!! 

3 minutes ago, soremekun said:

Hasn't this been posted here before?

If this is the Matrix, did a black cat just walk by twice?

I dont know!  I searched and couldn't find it.  All i saw was pending to canceled or expired. 

I have one of each.  I'm curious whether "submitted" means a confirmation that I submitted a bid, or that my bid has been submitted for shortlist/final consideration.

"Pending" seems pretty straightforward, but it just is not clear to me which is the more advanced or positive.

11 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

I have one of each.  I'm curious whether "submitted" means a confirmation that I submitted a bid, or that my bid has been submitted for shortlist/final consideration.

"Pending" seems pretty straightforward, but it just is not clear to me which is the more advanced or positive.

I believe everyone else has reported all bids changing to “submitted”.  Yours is the first reported “pending”.  My guess is either it missed the conversion to “submitted” or “pending “ is now the  next step in the process of winning a bid.  Please let us know.  When is your cruise?

12 hours ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I believe everyone else has reported all bids changing to “submitted”.  Yours is the first reported “pending”.  My guess is either it missed the conversion to “submitted” or “pending “ is now the  next step in the process of winning a bid.  Please let us know.  When is your cruise?

Not until September 22, so still lots of time.  Just another "inquiring minds...." curiosity.