“Unlimited Starbucks Package”

raitch

Is this new, or has it always been an option and I missed it?  We are sailing Breakaway in 2 weeks and I thought the only way to have Starbucks in a drink package was to purchase the Premium Plus beverage package.

F2DC19E7-C91A-4FF0-8DE4-23A5E13A86F8.jpeg

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Hearthosesteeldrumsplayin said:

Can you buy for one person, or does everyone in stateroom have to purchase?

Looks like you can buy it for individual guests.

oddly the “deliver on” drop down doesn’t work so I can’t actually put anything in the cart. 

67A59410-A8A7-4D48-9DCC-B79E2F8FF2D7.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Hearthosesteeldrumsplayin said:

Nevermind, everyone has to purchase.  Wow!  have to purchase drinks and coffee.  cha-ching!

I don’t know.  Even when I choose all 5 of us I can’t put it in the cart.

Oddly when I open it on the website, not the app, it’s only showing for passengers 1&2 and I have to add it to both… but then if I click “edit” it allows me to transfer it to my 9 year old and only him.

that’s a TERRIBLE idea 😅😅

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

All that $$$  just for coffee. Do we do this or just do the Premium Plus beverage upgarde.

For those of us with 18-21 year olds who love Starbucks it’s a pretty sweet option.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, raitch said:

Looks like you can buy it for individual guests.

oddly the “deliver on” drop down doesn’t work so I can’t actually put anything in the cart. 

67A59410-A8A7-4D48-9DCC-B79E2F8FF2D7.jpeg

Be careful what you read and believe. Based on my recent experiences in another thread, @SeaSharktells me that if any of what it says here is an ‘IT glitch’ then NCL isn’t responsible and you are to be sure you locate the actual policy by calling a customer service rep prior to purchasing to verify.   The corporation can’t actually be held to the verbiage here 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, jetact said:

Yes it shows on my page also. Looks like $12.95 per day. 

Assuming you booked your cruise after 1/18/22, wouldn't it make more sense to get the FAS+ package?  $49/day but gets you unlimited Internet, a couple more specialty meals, an additional excursion credit and, of course, the Premium Plus booze/Starbucks/Waters.  

1 hour ago, phillygwm said:

Assuming you booked your cruise after 1/18/22, wouldn't it make more sense to get the FAS+ package?  $49/day but gets you unlimited Internet, a couple more specialty meals, an additional excursion credit and, of course, the Premium Plus booze/Starbucks/Waters.  

It depends, I guess? I'd be tempted to book a Sail Away cabin, add the Starbucks package, and enjoy my Platinum specialty meals. My taste in alcohol isn't sophisticated enough to appreciate the PPBP offerings, and TBH I'd be content to limit my booze to just a mojito or two charged to the cabin. 

It's nice to have options. Now, how about a premium non-alcohol package which includes the coffees, bottled water, mocktails, and smoothies? (I'm an NCL fan but yeah, it was so nice to sail on RCI with the unlimited non-alcohol package)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, caterpa said:

Be careful what you read and believe. Based on my recent experiences in another thread, @SeaSharktells me that if any of what it says here is an ‘IT glitch’ then NCL isn’t responsible and you are to be sure you locate the actual policy by calling a customer service rep prior to purchasing to verify.   The corporation can’t actually be held to the verbiage here 😀

Wow...make stuff up much? SeaShark told you no such thing. BTW, you don't have to locate the actual policy...there is a link to it right in the description called "terms & conditions". However, NCL is responsible for what the t&c says, but they are not responsible when someone assumes something that is, in fact, not correct. 

But you already learned that...the hard way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, coastcat said:

It depends, I guess? I'd be tempted to book a Sail Away cabin, add the Starbucks package, and enjoy my Platinum specialty meals. My taste in alcohol isn't sophisticated enough to appreciate the PPBP offerings, and TBH I'd be content to limit my booze to just a mojito or two charged to the cabin. 

I thought that as well but I upgraded last time (to the Premium Plus package) and didn't regret it.  I came close to offsetting the cost on non-alcoholic stuff (I drink a lot of Pellegrino and a Starbucks or two each day.)  Then I do enjoy a Champagne splurge once in a while.  Maybe more than once in a while when it's included in the package 🙂   

Since I have to have the Internet package and I upgrade my meals anyway, FAS+ makes even more sense than Premium Plus alone.  I can see myself booking that every time.  But if someone is going to unplug, they don't care about the dinners much, and they're just looking for a latte once in a while, I suppose it wouldn't really be justified.

3 minutes ago, phillygwm said:

I thought that as well but I upgraded last time (to the Premium Plus package) and didn't regret it.  I came close to offsetting the cost on non-alcoholic stuff (I drink a lot of Pellegrino and a Starbucks or two each day.)  Then I do enjoy a Champagne splurge once in a while.  Maybe more than once in a while when it's included in the package 🙂   

Since I have to have the Internet package and I upgrade my meals anyway, FAS+ makes even more sense than Premium Plus alone.  I can see myself booking that every time.  But if someone is going to unplug, they don't care about the dinners much, and they're just looking for a latte once in a while, I suppose it wouldn't really be justified.

The internet is the tempting bit for me. I upgrade to unlimited anyway ($19.99/day), and Studios now only get a single dining credit for a 7-day sailing so the extra dining would be nice. Add in the espressos and maybe a Pellegrino and yeah, the FAS+ becomes more of a deal than the Starbucks package. I do like an occasional espresso martini, which is an upcharge on the regular PBP.

The good thing about being a data analyst is that I'm happy to toss the numbers into an Excel workbook and calculate the best option. The bad thing about being a data analyst is that I can't just relax and click OK, I have to do the math. And I'm not kidding about using Excel to sort through cruise options. Maybe I do need that champagne.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, AwesomO said:

I don't drink much alcohol but I do love my Starbucks. Honestly, I could even dump my beverage package now and just get the starbucks and be a happy camper! or cruiser, rather. 😁

Same!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Hearthosesteeldrumsplayin said:

Nevermind, everyone has to purchase.  Wow!  have to purchase drinks and coffee.  cha-ching!

That's why the drinks packages on Carnival, Royal, Celebrity and Princess are better.  They include espresso based drinks (not Starbucks) as well as bottled still and sparkling water.

15 hours ago, phillygwm said:

Wouldn't the 49/day really be 98/day for two per cabin plus gratuity?  And if you don't care about internet or NCL excursions that extra 800+ for the week is a bit expensive unless of course you have deep pockets.

37 minutes ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Wouldn't the 49/day really be 98/day for two per cabin plus gratuity?  And if you don't care about internet or NCL excursions that extra 800+ for the week is a bit expensive unless of course you have deep pockets.

I don’t disagree with you, but to be clear on gratuities, Free at Sea Plus does not add gratuities over and above Free at Sea. I added it for me and my husband for a 7-day cruise, and the total cost was $686.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, rbxlady said:

I don’t disagree with you, but to be clear on gratuities, Free at Sea Plus does not add gratuities over and above Free at Sea. I added it for me and my husband for a 7-day cruise, and the total cost was $686.

Just another way of nickel and dimeing people to bring in additional monies to the NCL coffers. Just like when NCL offers to add 2 additional specialty meals at a 33% discount to those bookings that now receive one meal when they used to receive two meals for years.  It's a disgrace that an 11 day cruise gets one specialty meal when you used to get four. They bled millions during the shutdown and now they need to be creative to gain it back and of course it's at the expense of the consumer.